Crundee (night in a cabin)

Published 10/10/15 or October 10th, 2015

Ian stared at the cabin, bags at his side. It was amazing. The cabin was built out of dark oak wood. The windowsill lines dusted in snow. The windows split into four even squares. The moon hung high above the cabin and was slightly covered by the dark green forest trees. Ian took in the scenery for a few more minutes before walking in and looking over at the boy on the other side of the room. He hated the idea of this. His mom had pretty much forced him to go here, swearing it was "only for a night." Still though, he hated this. Especially since he was with someone he didn't even know. Crainer, meanwhile was over-joyed about it. The idea of meeting a new friend or even boyfriend made him ecstatic. He put down his stuff and walked over to Ian. He paused before mumbling a "hi". Ian turned around, looking at Crainer before mumbling a "hi" back. "Uh... I'm Crainer, you?"

"Ian, is there something you want?" Ian asked. "I just wanted to get to know you..." Crainer trailed off. "Listen, I don't even want to be here. Let alone talk to some kid I don't know." Ian said. Crainer mumbled a sorry, went over to his bed and started reading for a bit before he heard a disc tray open. He looked over at Ian then looked at the screen, the intro for the movie popping up. As soon as the movie started Crainer could tell it was a scary movie. The dense forest and dark sky, mixed in with the crows and only god knows what else. Crainer hated the idea of it. He looked back at his book and continued to read. After about ten minutes though Crainer stopped reading and looked back up at the movie. Usually he hated these things, so why was he so intrigued by them now? He jumped in surprise, yelping when a jump-scare popped up. Ian looked over at Crainer and chuckled at how scared he was. Crainer looked down and pouted. At this rate he would never get to know Ian. Ian looked over at Crainer, sighing. "Do you want to come sit next to me and watch the movie?" Ian asked. Crainer nodded and got up. He marked the page in his book and closed it, sitting next to Ian. Crainer heard knocking at the door and he jumped, looking over. Ian got up and opened the door but no one was outside. "It was probably just the movie." Ian said. Crainer nodded and not even five minutes later there was another knocking sound. Crainer sighed, his heart still racing. Ian didn't even bother getting up. After another knock sounded though Crainer got up, taking deep breaths to calm himself as he walked to the door. The second he looked through the door's window he yelped and ran back to his bed. Ian looked at Crainer confused. Crainer brought his knees to his chest and buried his head into his arms. He didn't like this at all. He wanted to go home, to be somewhere safe. Someone tapped him on the shoulder and he yelped. "Hey, you ok?" Ian asked. Crainer shook his head, his eyes tearing up. "What's wrong?" Ian asked. "I-I want to go home." Crainer said. "Why? What'd you see?" Ian questioned. Crainer shook his head. He didn't want to say what he saw, he didn't want to believe it. You can never get rid of them though, the Wendigos. "Crainer?" Ian asked. Crainer hummed, his way of asking what. "What did you see?"

"W-Wendigo."

"What's a Wendigo?"

"A...a mythical being, I-I only know because..."

"Because why?" Ian asked. "I...it k-killed my mom." Crainer sniffled and wiped the tears away. "Crainer I'm sorry. I didn't know." Ian said. "N-No one does." Crainer let out a sob and buried his head again. Ian bit his lip before reaching out and hugging Crainer. He sat on the bed and pulled Crainer into his lap, rocking him back and forth gently as he cried. "You're ok Crainer, it'll be ok." Ian said. Crainer nodded and sniffled again. He looked up, his eyes meeting Ian's blue eyes. They both stared at each other for a few minutes before looking away, a light blush tinting their faces. "S-sorry." Crainer said. "No, it's fine... so what do we do about this... Wendigo?" Ian asked. "Nothing," Crainer paused when he heard a scratching sound and lowered his voice before continuing. "They can only be killed with fire, on top of that their spirits still live on." Crainer said. "So how do we-"

"Leave? We wait, until dawn. The thing is I don't even know if we'll survive that long." Crainer said. "Don't say that, we'll be fine I promise."

"Can you really Ian, they can break through doors, windows! It's not something you can promise."

"Then I can at least promise I'll try to protect you. Crainer listen, I know I was mean to you in the beginning but that still doesn't mean I want you to die." Ian said. "The best you can do to 'protect me' is keep the volume down and don't move too much. They work like t-Rex's, they can only see you if you move." Crainer replied. "Fine, can we at least go to sleep." Crainer nodded. "Can you do me a favor though?" he asked, biting his lip. "Sure." Ian replied with a smile. "Can I lay next to you... you know, for safety." Crainer said. Ian smiled, nodding. The two of them layed down and Ian wrapped his arms around Crainer, holding him close as the two drifted off. Maybe this wasn't such a bad thing.

A/N~ Hey guys hope you enjoyed this one shot. Ugh it took me three weeks to get this done. I actually only finished this because I had to for english... That's why there was a Wendigo... it was supposed to be for a fairytale. I actually first wanna say I am loving my school. My english and biology teacher are AMAZING!!! I like english more though... shhh don't tell. So do me a favor and thank my english teacher cause I probably wouldn't have started writing again also if you want leave a request so until then see ya guys and love Ya :* :*

Dedicated to _dome-dino_890