Chapter Seven

"I'm going to try and make a break for it Louis, thank you for the ride. I'll see you soon!" I lean in and press a kiss to his cheek before hurrying out of the car. The rain pounds against me and I huff as I rush in the door. The air is freezing inside the dorms, making my soaked body go numb. I look around for a few seconds before trudging up the stairs. My shoes squeak with each step I take and my hair drips onto the tiled floor. I push open the heavy door and turn down the hall.

"Adelina, open the door." I freeze at Harry's voice, but the obnoxious sound from my shoes give me away. He approaches me in a hurry and I cross my arms over my chest as I look up at him.

"Why are you always wet?" He asks before a smirk forms on his face. I roll my eyes and brush past him, "Get your mind out of the gutter, pervert." I open the door and I internally cringe at how messy the room is. Yet, why should I care what he thinks?

"Why are you here? And how'd you know where my dorm was?" I ask, turning around. His green eyes are scanning the room before boring them into mine. His mouth forms into a hard line as he pulls out his phone; Of course it's the newest model of the iPhone. I sit on the edge of my bed and wrap the comforter around me, adding a bit of warmth.

"Ah, here we are." Harry turns to me with a somber expression. The same picture I saw just a few minutes ago, appears on the screen, along with a a few messages from a group called 'The Boys'.

I raise my eyebrows, "You might want to check those texts," I say, making him roll his eyes, "They're asking what the fuck that picture is. This isn't good." I stand up and throw my arms in the air, "Do you think I knew they would post that? It's not like I want people to know I kissed you!" I fight back, making him run a hand through his curls.

His breathing is slow as he nods, an unreadable expression crossing his face. "I'm sorry, I just came here to get away from everything, yet people still post every little thing about my life online. People are going to see that and think badly of me, kissing random girls at parties." His voice is slightly raspy as he becomes more vulnerable, but my heart hurts at the fact that I am just a random girl to him.

"Why would you think I would ever tell someone that we kissed? It's no one's business." I tell him, changing the subject and he shrugs, bringing his lip between his teeth, "It's what most people do. I guess I'm paranoid." He tells me and I nod, understanding his words. I have no idea what it's like to be famous so I can't fight him on this.

"You said it doesn't matter anyway, and besides people kiss all the time." I smile softly at him and he nods, casting his eyes towards the ground as I continue, "we were both drunk and-" He cuts me off by pressing his lips against mine. The feeling I got last night returns, but so much stronger. My mind is racing as I wrap my fingers in his hair, pulling a little on the ends. His large hands push my shoulders back on the bed. I crawl toward the head and my hair sprawls across the pillows. I tug on his curls, causing a moan to escape his lips and oh my God it's the hottest sound I've ever heard in my whole life.

His hands travel slowly down my side and I arch my back off the bed. Just as he pulls his shirt over his head, showing off he tattoo'd chest, the door swings open causing a gasp to fall from Charlotte's lips. I sit up with ragged breathing, as does Harry. When her blue eyes land on the other body, her eyes widen drastically.

"Oh my God." She manages to say as Harry climbs off the bed awkwardly. His eyes meet mine for a split second and I give him a meek smile.

Charlotte remains frozen in place in the doorway, her mouth slightly agape with a beet red face. Harry looks at her then back toward me, "well Adelina, I'll see you around." He grabs his shirt and leaves the room quickly, slamming the door behind him. 

"What the fuck did I walk into? Better yet, how do you know Harry, and why didn't you tell me? Well first of all, why did he seem nervous around you? Harry does not seem like the guy to be nervous around girls." She rambles, till she's out of breath causing her to sit on the edge of my bed. I shrug and wave my arms, unsure of where to start the story. I'm honestly upset that Charlotte walked in, Harry was like my secret, and now it's exposed.

"It was two nights ago..." I tell her everything; From the stupid sleep remedy, to the photo, which makes her gasp for a few minutes when I show her. Once I finish the story she sets her head in her hands and let's out a hum, "I don't know how to feel about this." I laugh lightly with a shake of my head, but personally I don't either. He acts one way in front of a crowd, then another when we're alone. Yet, he's used to that; always having to put up a front, and I don't know if I want to know what's beneath his bright green eyes and dimpled smile. I don't want anything to do with him, really. He's playing with my mind and I can't afford the damage to my heart. If I don't have to see him, he can't weasel his way into my head.

A vibration brings me out of my thoughts, causing me to look down at my phone. An unknown number appears on the screen and I swipe the screen to read it. I immediately know who it is as soon as the words flash across the screen: stay away from me, it will be better for the both of us in the long run. H