Chapter Ten

As soon as the door closes behind me, I slide down to the floor and set my head in my hands. Luckily Charlotte is sound asleep so she isn't seeing my mental breakdown. This was supposed to be a nice night out with my friend. It wasn't meant to be ruined by Harry-Fucking -Styles and his pet. I'm selfish for kissing Louis to make Harry jealous and I am going to pray for forgiveness tonight after my actions. Louis doesn't deserve that, his heart is too pure. Damn it, what is wrong with me? Just seeing Harry bat his eyes at Mackenzie, made me want to throw myself out of the car. I would have felt a lot better if I didn't have to see the sickening action of him putting his hand on her thigh or her leaning into his shoulder. 

I sigh and stand up from the cold ground. I pad lightly to the closet and grab a pair of shorts and a sweatshirt with my high school's logo on the front. Everything was so much simpler back in Tennessee. I didn't have the pressure of making a guy jealous or having to avoid someone; I was doing so well too...

The large bathroom is empty when I reach it and I take off my make up quickly before changing into my glasses. The thick frames outline my eyes and I push them further up my nose as I leave. The hallway is quiet and I let out a slight hum as I walk. Just as I reach my room, the wooden door of the hallway swings open, hitting the wall with a loud clunk.

"Damn thing; You need to be a little more quiet next time," I freeze at the lowness of the voice. The voice I've been hearing in my dreams, and occasional nightmare.

I tip-toe quickly to the break in the hallway and peek around the corner. I watch as Harry stumbles down the long stretch. His feet step on top of one another making him almost fall, yet he catches himself by pressing against the wall. A string of curse words spill from his mouth as he eyes each door closely.

"Which one is your room?" I suck in a breath and quickly pull my head from his line of vision. Please don't be talking to me, oh dear God please.

My prayers are answered when he begins loudly knocking on a door. I bite my lip and slowly peek again. He is clothed in what he had on earlier, while a beanie covers his dark curls. His large hand pounds against the door again, and I hear the swoosh of it opening.

"Harry?" Charlotte's voice rings throughout the hall making a gasp fall from my lips. He's at my fucking door. Holy shit...

"Where's, erm, Adelina?" He slurs still drunk, pressing against the frame of the door. I picture the blonde fixing her long hair and wiping her hands under her eyes to clear whatever makeup she had on away.

"She was out with Louis, maybe she's still with him?" She yawns and I widen my eyes as Harry steps away from the door and runs a hand through his hair, "If she's in his dorm with him, I fucking swear..." He trails, making me grow confused. Why would it matter?

Charlotte laughs, making me furrow my eyebrows and I listen intently, "Why would you care anyway? You're still with Mackenzie." Wait what? Oh my God if he tells her we kissed, I'm dead.

Harry shrugs and presses his back against the wall opposite of my roommate. "Yeah, but that's nothing, you just- forget it." He murmurs, shoving his hands in the pockets of his jeans. I'm surprised he can fit them in there with how tight they are.

"What's going on, Harry? And what the fuck was that the other day in my room? This isn't going to end well." My stomach drops and I feel tears prick my eyes. Charlotte's hiding something; She's trying to cover up whatever is going on with the boy in the doorway.

"It's nothing, Charlotte. Drop it." Harry snaps, making the blonde raise her arms in surrender, "Alright, can I go back to bed now? I have class tomorrow." She asks and I hear her shut the door, making the hallway grow quiet again. 

I'm left alone and more confused than when I got home. What is honestly going on? I can't even explain what I just heard, really. None of it makes sense. What are Harry and Mackenzie? What are Harry's intentions with me?

I bring my bottom lip between my teeth before turning to head back towards my room, only to bump into a hard body. His hands instinctively grab my hips, making my breath hitch in my throat. I step back and look up at Harry to meet his eyes. The green color in them is so dark that they almost look black and the red tint in the whites don't make them look any better.

"You should really be a lot less obvious when snooping on someone's conversation, Addie."