Chapter 52: Movie Night

Before I start the chapter, warning: Sexual detail (again. xD) Read at own risk! :)

Three days later

"That's it, Miracle's out of it for the night," Michael chuckles.

"About time. She's been crying all day, I swear," I reply.

He lowers the lighting in the room, and then walks over to the shelf of video cassettes. He selects some, and walks over to me, before sitting down next to me.

"So, which is it for our movie night?" he asks.

"Hmm, now let me see," I chuckle. "That's a horror film... and so is that... and that one. Michael, all these are horror films!"

"They are?" he asks with a smirk. "Oh, I never noticed..."

"Yes you did. You know I don't like horror movies!"

He winks, and tosses the cassettes onto the sofa, edging towards me.

"I know. That's why I chose them."

He embraces me, and kisses my forehead, and I roll my eyes without him knowing, because I know his little game with this kind of thing.

His logic - and it's so very cliché - is that if I'm scared, I'll edge up closer to him and cuddle him more. I'm not completely thick.

"So, I repeat my question," he says. "Which one?"

"Uh..." I pause to look at the choices again. "I-I don't know. Whichever you want, I guess..."

"Oh, sweet!" he grins. "Then I'll choose... this one!"

"You chose... It... the clown film..." I mutter nervously. "You're lucky I'm not scared of clowns."

"Yeah... but I'm scared of them, so I guess I'll have to come to you for support, won't I?" he asks sneakily.

"Yes, Michael. I'm sure of it."

"Terrific," he beams, taking the video from its box. "So, let's begin."

He inserts the video into the video player, and sets the TV to play it. Within minutes, the film is up and running, and me and Michael sit on the sofa watching.

During some of it, I feel Michael tensing up, just waiting for something sudden to occur. He's waiting for that moment, so he has an excuse to cuddle me.

It finally happens, and me and Michael both jump violently in response. Then, I feel him snuggle against my chest, his head buried against me.

Is he really scared of the film he chose to watch himself?

"Aww, is Michael scared?" I tease softly.

He lifts his head up quickly, "Hell, no! What do you take me for? Some sort of wimp?"

Then, another jump scare occurs, and Michael screams out loud, definitely confirming that he is, in fact, scared.

"Yep. You're scared," I chuckle. "We can turn this off if you don't like it, Michael."

"No no, I'm okay," he assures me.

"But Miracle is sleeping upstairs. We don't wanna wake her," I remind him.

He nods. "Maybe you're right. How about... you choose a film?"

"Hmm, okay," I grin like the Cheshire Cat. "I'll pick, for sure."

And then, I head over to the video collection we have, and pick the most romantic film from our bundle. I walk over to Michael, and show him the box.