Chapter 56: Obvious Mistake

11 April, 1993

"C'mon, Miracle, we gotta find the eggs!" I chuckle.

It's Easter Sunday, and Michael has hidden 15 eggs around the house and in the garden, so me and Miracle can find them together. He's been so thoughtful lately – having Miracle has really made him responsible – more so than before.

Carrying Miracle in my arms, I walk around with her, knowing Michael is watching us as we try to find the eggs. He has a devious smile on his face, cos he knows that we have no idea where these eggs are.

"Betcha can't find them," he taunts.

"I beg to differ," I smirk, finding an egg right in that moment, and placing it in the basket that Michael provided us with.

"Yay, we found one, Miracle," I cheer with a slight baby voice.

I search the entire living room and kitchen, finding a total of five eggs. Ten to go – from the whole of upstairs, and the garden.

We all head upstairs, and the first room I check is the bedroom. I search under the duvet and find a single egg, then I move towards the closet, but find nothing there. Then, I go to the window and find one behind the curtain.

"So that's seven so far," I calculate.

"Almost half way there," Michael nods impressively. "Good job."

I laugh a little, and head to the bathroom. I instantly find an egg in the bath, but then I do a slow 360° spin, allowing Miracle to "search" for the eggs too.

"Can you see any, baby?" I ask her softly.

I can already see one, so I lift her hand, and point it in the same direction.

"Good girl!" I praise her jokily, before heading over to where the egg is.

"You guys," Michael laughs.

We hear the doorbell downstairs, and Michael heads towards the staircase.

"That'll be Jasper and Charlie. I'll go get it."

Me and Miracle decide to stop searching for a moment, so we can welcome Jasper and Charlie properly. They've been so excited for Easter, so I bet they'll make that obvious.

"Hey Michael!" I hear Jasper's hyper voice downstairs.

"Hey, the girls are upstairs," Michael replies, his voice cheerful.

Making the decision to go down to them, rather than them coming up to us, I take Miracle down the stairs. When Charlie and Jasper see us, they beam at us, and Jasper holds his arms out for a mini group hug.

"Hey babe. Happy Easter," he says.

"And you guys too," I reply.

He pulls away from the hug, and latches his eyes onto Miracle, "And there's the little Princess! Oh, Becky, when will she be wearing this dress you've been telling me about?"

"Well," I chuckle. "After the Easter egg hunt. We already started it; found half of them so far. Wanna join?"

"Sure!" Charlie grins.

We all head upstairs, and I guide them into the bathroom. Immediately, we all start searching for the eggs, and Charlie turns around with one, "Here!"

"Nice," I compliment.

Now there are six to go. If Michael divided the eggs equally, there will be five in total upstairs. We've found four so far, so there is one to go.

"Let's look in Miracle's room," I suggest.

We all agree, before starting for that room. Once we're there, the search continues, until Jasper finds the egg next to Miracle's favourite teddy – a cuddly octopus.