Chapter 61: Seen And Heard

Ten days later – July 2, 1993

It's been eleven days since Virginia and her boys came to stay, and they're still here. It's actually been a lot of fun, to be honest. Ollie is obsessed with Miracle and is very cute, Jason is respectful, and Virginia is kind and sweet.

I should also tell you that Miracle had her christening a few days back, on June 27. Her official name is now Miracle Hope Joy Jackson, so Michael is naturally happy that she's sharing his last name – soon to be mine, too.

Oh! And I should also tell you that me and Michael are now trying for a second baby. Only this time, we've been doing it when the others are out, or if it's night time, and we do it quietly.

After last time, I'm a little worried another mishap will happen.

Right now, me and Michael are downstairs with Miracle, and the others are upstairs getting ready. It's 10:27am, so still early on in the day.

"So, what do you reckon we should do today?" I ask Michael.

"Gee, I don't know. We've pretty much done everything we can do, haven't we?" Michael chuckles.

"True. Hey, why don't we just—"

A ringtone sounds, cutting me off from what I was saying. My eyes scan the room for the possible source of the sound, but I have no success in finding anything.

"Where's that coming from?" I question irritably.

"Check the windowsill, behind the curtain," Michael advises.

I get up from the sofa, before heading towards the window. Pulling back the curtain, I see a small mobile phone ringing and vibrating there.

"Here it is," I announce, picking up the phone. "The caller ID says "Stuart"."

"That's her husband," Michael tells me. "Don't answer it."

"Why would he ring her if—"

The phone goes to voicemail, which makes the phone beep over and over. The noise is so annoying.

"We can't have that beeping all day," I hiss.

"Well, just leave it anyway," he answers.

"Aww, but, c'mon!" I protest.

"No. Wait for Virginia to come back," Michael decides.

"Fine."

I place the phone down before walking back over to the sofa, and sitting down next to Michael. The beeping keeps going on, which irritates me no end. I didn't even know phones beeped when they had an answer message!

Suddenly, I hear footsteps on the staircase, and I cheer a little at the idea that now we won't hear the beeping sound.

"Hey you guy—God, what's that beeping?" Virginia asks. "Wait! It sounds like my phone."

She walks over to the phone, and lifts it up. She looks at the screen.

"Stuart tried to ring me... why? And he left a message."

She presses a button on her phone, before lifting it to her ear and listening closely. Her facial expression seems to change every few seconds, and it intrigues me, no end.

Finally, the message ends, and she presses a button on the phone again, and lowers it, a look of shock on her face.

"What's wrong, Virginia?" Michael asks.

"Th-The message," she mutters. "From Stuart."

"What did it say?" I ask.

She hands me the phone, and I let the message play.