Chapter 65

~ Hello! Sorry, I know I don't usually do A/N at the beginning but there's a couple of songs used throughout this scene so if you don't know them one link is at the side but I can't do two so you'll have to youtube the other one, sorry! And also a picture of Julliard's theatre, just to paint an image in your mind haha! Happy reading! ~

***

“Has anyone seen Ali?” I called, running throughout the dressing room. The noise around me was constantly rising as the clock got closer to seven-thirty. It was Monday night, and time for our Julliard show. Finding no sign of Ali, I ran out of our dressing room and found her sprinting towards me.

“Thank God!” she cried, grabbing the stylish sixties dress from my extended arms. “Where was it!?”

“On your clothes rail!” I laughed. “You barely looked.”

“Hey, I was freaking out!” she responded, opening the dressing room door again. “Thanks, Carles. I’ll see you in a minute.”

I turned away from the room, the strong smell of hairspray surrounding me. My phone suddenly began to buzz in my hand and so I answered the call, holding it to my ear.

“Hello?”

“Hey Carl!” I heard and recognised the voice to be Georgia’s.

“Hi!” I brightly said. “Are you here?”

“Yes, every single one of us!” she answered. “Turns out a lot of the audience like one direction.”

“I’m sure they do,” I laughed, only registering the fact that Harry was going to be sat here throughout the show. I know he’d seen me dance the other day, and we had formed a ‘mutual companionship’, though I found it strange that I could be fine during any performance except when I knew he was watching me. I felt the nerves begin to flutter through my body.

“Carles? You there?” she asked, causing me to snap back to reality.

“Sorry,” I sighed. “I-er, I’ve gotta’ go, gee. Tell everyone I say hi! And enjoy the show! I’m on the first number,” I explained. She responded and wished me luck before hanging up. Ending the call, I made my way down the hall towards the dressing room for the musicians. Although I was singing a few numbers too, my first performance was a dance and so I had to switch dressing rooms throughout the show. Opening the door, I stepped in to receive several glances and a few wolf whistles. I caught Ryan’s gaze and he smiled brightly, running over to me.

“You-” he paused, sliding his arms around my waist. “-Look gorgeous.”

“Thanks,” I shyly said, my hands gripping his blazer. “You’re not too bad yourself.”

He laughed, guiding me to an isolated corner.

“I’m gonna’ try to watch your dances from the side,” he said, before playing with the puffed out netted skirt of the sixties dress I was wearing. “I can’t wait to see this hairspray number.”

“You’ll love it!” I commented, giving him a quick kiss before pulling out of his embrace. “I was just coming to say good luck. I’ll see you in a bit!”

“Au revoir,” he winked as I turned away, a sheepish grin across my face. I opened the door to see Mrs Carter outside the dancers’ dressing room down the hall.

“Act One is starting in two minutes!” she announced. “Hairspray dancers ready, please!”

I waited for Alison before joining the back of the line.

“Your dress is so much nicer than mine,” I sighed, admiring the baby pink fabric.

“It just matches my blonde hair,” she said before pointing to my dress. “The blue looks so awesome with your brown hair.”