Chapter 9

I felt my eyelids slowly open and so I sat upright very quickly. I took hold of my phone from my bedside table and opened the media album. The photos were still there. As crazy as it sounded I wanted to make sure I hadn't dreamed the past two days. I went downstairs to make a slice of toast. I looked everywhere though there was no sign of my mum. I knew yesterday evening was too good to be true. Last night we had finished our tea then watched a few girly movies together - it was actually nice to talk to her as long as it lasted. When I went to bed it had taken me an hour to finish all of the conversations that I had on bbm. 'Omg Carly when did you meet Harry styles?! Where?!' was why most of them had said, and after awhile I was bored of answering the same simple response: 'Yesterday after my flight! He was lovely!' I hadn't said anything else.

Today I didn't have many plans. I just lounged around most of the day, watching a lot of friends and doodling. The day passed pretty quickly, and after having a late lunch I ran upstairs. I'd just finished my 5th year in school so was due to start 6th form. I had to wear all black which didn't bother me at all because it was my own clothes. I'd bought a lot in New York in preparation, so I chose black denim shorts, a black buttoned up blouse with ankle riding boots and a waist plain jacket. I hoped this would look okay. Yeah, that really showed how bored I was - I wasn't even starting school again tomorrow. Oh well, it was sorted.

My phone buzzed, signalling that I had a new message. I opened it and found it to be from Ashely, my dance teacher.

-Hey Carl! How was new york? I would have phoned but I'm in the middle of teaching summer school with ella, slight problem though, she's just cancelled on me for tomorrow! Any chance you're free? 8-12's from 9 til 12? It would be a massive help! And we can catch up! Please? XO.

It was my last day, but I had nothing better to do, I decided. I'd have to get used to getting up early anyway, so I sent her a quick text back saying it was fine. I was in the oldest class in dancing which I enjoyed, it was sometimes a challenge though I liked to try my best. My blackberry beeped again and I checked it automatically.

-Great, thanks so much! One more thing, the girls asked since it want their last day could they learn a dance to one direction? And they wanted you, so 8 counts of 8, it doesn't have to be amazing! I don't know their songs, but does 'what makes you beautiful' ring a bell to you? I'm just kidding, of course I know that song! Thanks Carl! See you tomorrow XO.

Okay, cool. At least I had something to work on. I changed from my jeans into my old sweatpants and threw a vest top on. Grabbing my what makes you beautiful single from my desk, I ran downstairs into the living room and cleared some space. One Directions album was coming out in November and their tour started in December. The tickets had came on sale a week ago and Kris and Gab had proudly camped out to get ours. I had wanted to so much; it sounded like they had had a hilarious time, though divorce can be tough for me as well sometimes. It was an all standing venue as well so I knew it was going to be an amazing night. 

I quickly put the cd into the stereo and started the track. I put some moves together, some harder than other, though none too complex; the girls were quite young after all, but man could they dance! After an hour or so I found myself having a ball on my own dancing my choreography. I'd completed a whole song, and was seriously in need of a shower.

I ran into the upstairs bathroom and stopped. I had time to kill, so drew myself a bath instead.

After passing time, I got out the bath and headed to the mirror above the sink. When drying my hair I heard the sound of 'what makes you beautiful.' Turning the hairdryer off, I started dancing to myself around the room though soon realised it was my phone ringing.

"Dammit!" I hissed to myself, running over and answering it without checking to see who it was.

"Hello?" I asked quickly.

"Hi Carly, it's Harry," he said. Oh my god. I was standing over the water and at the sound of his voice my knees went weak. I saw the phone drop out of my hand and straight into the bath. 

"Noooooo!" I screamed, throwing myself into the water and searching round until I fished it out. It was covered I water.

"Crap! Why?!" I cried aloud.

"Carly?" I heard a small, quiet, mumbled voice ask. No way was my phone still working. There was no way Harry was still on the other line. I closed my eyes and prayed to myself, hoping he hadn't heard me have a fit. I pressed the button and saw the phone call was still connected. Someone was having a joke with me. I slowly brought it to my ear and sighed. “Sorry, I dropped my phone.”

"You dropped your phone in water?" He asked. I could hear curiosity in his voice.

"Oh yeah, in the bath, I'm surprised it hasn't broke actually," I moved the phone away from my ear to find a few of the keys lighting on and off. "Er, actually forget that." I heard him laugh on the other line which caused me to laugh as well. I looked in the mirror and saw myself blushing. What was wrong with me? He wasn't even here! Though he was on the phone to me, so I had a good excuse. "Just ignore me!" I stated. "Are you okay?"

He laughed again before he replied. "Yeah I'm fine. Look I know it’s pretty short notice, but me and the lads have been called to go to LA to finish off the album...tomorrow night-" TOMORROW NIGHT?! WHAT?! "-and as crazy as it sounds I was wondering if you'd like to go out for a bit before I leave? Only if you're not busy!" He added. I didn't even know what to say. I looked up and sent a silent prayer to God, I had been blessed these past few days. "Carly?" I heard him ask.

"Sorry! Wow, LA, that's amazing! And I'm not at all, I don't think the girls are either so it should be fine!" I said filled with glee. I was so happy!

"Er, Carly, I don't want to sound awkward, but I just meant you," he slowly said. I had lost all feeling in my mind, everywhere. I eventually managed to move one foot in front of the other and made it to my bed where I immediately collapsed. Was he kidding? If this was a joke he'd got me pretty well.

"Sorry?" I asked just to make sure I'd actually heard right. I pinched my arm and found self still in the same position...okay, so I really wasn't dreaming.

"Just you...and me," he whispered. Apparently I wasn't a crank then hearing things. 'Friends Carly' I reassured myself by officially saying in my mind.

"Oh my god, I'm sorry Harry...yes, I'd like that," how was I even speaking so calmly?

"Great! We can just go for lunch or whatever, can I pick you up around 12?" He asked. Lunch. With Harry. Picking me up. Oh. My. God. I prayed he wouldn't come in the motorbike, Lord not the motorbike, I would make a complete fool of myself. I was just about to agree when I realised that I'd just signed up to teaching dance, damn.

"Yeah, sure, one slight thing, I've been called in last minute to teach for a few hours at the summer school in dance," I sighed.

"Seriously? Who are you teaching?" He asked.

"Eight to twelve year old girls," I laughed.

"That's cute!" He stopped, then spoke slightly lower. "Its fine, I'll see you all when we get back, I-

"-no Harry I can still come!" I interrupted. "I have to go pretty early, but I finish around twelve, so could I meet you there?" Why did I make situations so awkward? When Harry Styles calls up asking you to go out for lunch you just agree then cancel any plans made.

"I'll pick you up there, Car-" did he just call me Car again? As in a nickname? "-where is it?" I gave him the address and heard a voice in the background, who I'm sure was Louis. I couldn't make out what he was saying though. I heard Harry pick up the phone again after writing the address and mumbling a quiet 'shut up lou.' Ooh.

"Got it!" He said cheerfully. "I guess I’ll see you tomorrow then," he added.

"Guess so!" I replied. "Thanks Harry," I replied.

"No problem," he answered. "Bye Carly,"

"Bye," I disconnected the line as did he, and just lay there for a long, long time.

-'Me. Is. Going. Out. With. Harry. Tomorrow.' I sent to Kristen and Gabby, receiving replies straight away.

-'get out you moob.' Nice.