Chapter 18

"Yes!" Gab and Kristen cheered as did I as we ran down the aisles of tesco towards the CD's where a brand new bright cover was sitting with five beautiful boys on. One Directions album was out, and we had all got up extra early to come and buy it before school.

"Oh my god!" Gabby screamed, choosing her copy and kissing Liam. "I love it!"

"Me too!" Kris and I said together and then started laughing. We all ran over to the till, bright, cheery smiles plastered across each of our faces. The lady at the till served each of us, laughing at our expressions and after saying thank you, we ran out of the opening doors, quickly making our way to school. 

"Dammit, I want to listen to it now!" I cried.

"I know, I can't wait until four o'clock! Hey, I know! Mr Fitz likes you, right Car?" she asked. Mr Fitz was my music teacher.

"...I think so," I trailed off.

"So we can just go to the music room at break and play it!"

"Ooh yeah!" Gab joined in.

"Okay!" I said gleefully. "I have music before then anyway."

Thirty minutes later we ran into form, each of us breathless, as our teacher glared at us individually.

"You're late, girls," she sighed.

"Sorry!" we all cried together, grinning and making our way to our seats at the back of the class. I had only sat down two seconds before the bell rang, so I sighed and stood up, throwing my bag over my shoulder and walking out of the classroom with Soph.

"How are you feeling? I mean about the talent show," she added. I groaned is response.

"Please don't remind me," I sighed and she laughed.

"I just don't get it...what were ONE DIRECTION doing at our school?! Its just crazy!"

"I know!" I cried, hoping it sounded believable. I sighed to myself and turned to face her.

"Soph?" I asked. She looked to the side at me, glee spread across her face. I couldn't. I couldn't tell her.

"Doesn't matter," I sighed, waving goodbye to her as I opened the door of my biology class. My teacher greeted me and I ran over to my seat at the back...next to Sam. I could just wait and talk to him in music next lesson, but no. I had to talk to him now. Otherwise I never would.

"Hey," he said, smiling up at me as I sat on the stool. Oh God.

"Hi," I sighed, taking a deep breath. "Okay, Sam, I-"

"Don't," he protested. I widened my eyes.

"Don't what?"

"I...the talent show, I shouldn't have done that Carly," he said, hanging his head in shame.

"No, don't feel bad Sam, I just don't know if I-"

"-you don't...think of me like that?" he whispered. Here goes.

"...no," I sighed, throwing my head in my hands, shame taking over me. "I'm so sorry Sam, you're just...you're just my friend. I don't want to be nothing more," I closed my eyes. God, could I sound any meaner?! I didn't want to look up at him so instead concentrated on the animal pictures in the textbook laying in front of me. Though I soon felt a hand on my arm so stole a small glance in his direction. He was smiling at me.

"Carly, it's fine," he smiled again. I breathed a huge sigh of relief.

"I'm sorry," I stated, holding my arms up, as if I were about to hug him. "...can I?"

"Of course!" he answered, wrapping his arms around me. Why had I even said no to him? He was kind, gorgeous, and everything that I liked in a guy. So why hadn't I enjoyed that kiss? Not that I hadn't enjoyed it, I had, I just couldn't feel anything behind it. Now that was terrible. What made me even more upset was the numinous feeling I had had when I'd kissed Harry. Why did he have to be such a damn good kisser? 'Forget about it,' my voice said, giving me some good advice for once. I just wish that I could take it.

Biology dragged, though music flew by. Sam was surprisingly normal, which I hadn't expected whatsoever. Not after me saying I didn't feel the same way. But to be honest I was relieved; there was no awkwardness there (not for now, anyway) so hopefully we would soon be friends again just like we had been. Before I knew it I was saying goodbye to him at the door of our music class and greeting Kris and Gab to come inside. I had asked Mr Fitz and he'd simply laughed at me, he wasn't bothered so had allowed me to use the room for break.

"Look at this Car," Kris said, handing her phone out to me. I took it and read the article out loud.

"One Direction bring tour dates forward, wait, WHAT?!" I shouted the last words. "What?!" I repeated, reading the article over.

"Chill Car, it doesnt affect us! All the dates they were doing after Christmas have now been moved forward to the middle of November, so the tour starts in two weeks...and we're the last date," she finished. I felt myself smile.

"Wow, that'll be good then," I grinned.

"You know we're camping out, right?" Gab stated.

"Camping out for what?"

"To stand at the very front," she explained proudly.

"But Gab, we already know them, they're coming to my birthday party next week," I addressed to her.

"I know, I know, but this is their first official tour. Don't you guys want to be at the very front throwing carrots on stage?" That did cause me to laugh out loud.

"She has a point there," Kris laughed and I agreed.