Chapter 13

My eyes lazily opened and I leant across my bed to turn off the dreaded sound that I’d now be facing for a new year. The alarm clock, which only meant school. My first day of sixth form. Dragging myself out of bed, I took a quick shower and changed into my outfit that I had already planned. Drying my hair, I then took my time straightening it because I wanted to look nice. I applied a touch of foundation, mascara and clear lipgloss not wanting to look like a doll. As I began to skip down the many stairs, I heard my phone beep so took it out from my backpack and inhaled a sharp breath.

-have a good first day Car :) .xx

I found myself concentrating on the fact that Harry had just texted me so let my foot slip on the stair. I screamed and then laughed to myself as I travelled down the stairs on my bum...haha! I was a freak! Standing up, I ran into the living room to find it empty so I started having one of those occasional dances which everyone does once in awhile to themselves.

“That’s what makes him beautiful!” I sung as I kissed my phone several times.

“Oh my god, sorry!” I heard and immediately turned around to see a man standing in the doorway to the kitchen in pyjama pants. Just pants. No top. A toned chest...and he looked about my mum’s age...ew...ew, EW! No freakin way?!

“Who the hell are you?!” I shouted, staring wide eyed at him. My eyes lingered on his stomach which was just having a little party being shown to the world. Oh boy, I shut my eyes tight; I seriously didn’t want to be looking at that of the man that could possibly be-

-“Gary!” I heard as my mum ran into the room after him. Her eyes met mine and I saw traces of alarm show on her face. I put my hand on my hips and raised my eyebrows, amusing myself inside. She had been lying to me about this for so long, I was at least going to have a little fun confronting her.

“So I guess you found yourself a little present over the summer..or wait, has it been for at least a YEAR now-”

“-Carly!”

“What? Why didn’t you tell me mum?”

“You knew?!”

“Knew? The bottom of the street knew! ‘Oh, er, Carly, I’m just going to work again at 9 O’Clock in the night time’, you can’t lie to save your life mum,” I laughed after mimicking her voice.

“That’s enough Carly,” she said, a strict tone now in her voice.

“You’re right. I have to leave, otherwise I’ll be late. Nice to meet you!” I added, smiling to ‘Gary’ sarcastically and forcefully slamming the door behind me.

***

"you what?!"

"Shh!" I silenced Kristen as we headed towards our new form class.

"I...but...how did you even know? And why didn't you tell me?!" she hissed.

"because, Kris, firstly, I didn't know for sure until I saw him standing there this morning in almost human glory...ew. But second, because I didn't want to talk about it!"

"well!"

"...well what?" I asked.

"gross. Just gross. Forget about it...so, er, Niall text me yesterday," she whispered, looking down.

"Kristen Jones, are you blushing?" I asked sarcastically, causing her to send me a glare.

"No! Well yeah, maybe - he's just so sweet! We spoke all day. But come on, tell me everything about your day yesterday!" she cried with glee. I laughed along.

"oh my god, it was amazing! I think we're really good friends," I nodded. "but the most awkward part was when we were saying goodbye at the door and my mum came out."

"shut up!" she stepped in front of me. "What the hell happened?"

"She just opened the door! She actually acted worse than me...she said 'oh please, call Maria," kris burst out laughing at my impression of my mum. "She invited him in."

"oh my god, did he then?"

"no, because he had to leave for his flight," I sighed.

"oh right, yeah. I wouldn't mind being in LA now," Kristen huffed. "Beaches, sun, and one direction."

"Tell me about it," I agreed as we stopped outside our new form class and after hesitating, pushed the door open. I looked around and smiled. I could see Gabby at the back talking to Sophie and Evie, which made me smile. Kristen and Gab were my best friends, but Soph and Evie were also pretty good friends. We were always together in school, though only went out a few times outside of school, just for the odd shopping spree. I looked to my left to see the 'IT' group, as most people call it. I didn't really have a problem with them though; we got along quite well. Joe saw me looking at them so he stood up and walked over to us, pulling the hood down on his apparel.

"Hi, beautiful ladies. Where've you been all summer? I missed you," he said sarcastically. "We'll have to catch up," he added, winking at me.

"Thanks for that, Joe," I pushed him slightly, though he probably never felt it; I had no strength in me whatsoever.

"No problem, Carly," he replied, winking., the heading back to his seat next to Carisa. She just smiled at us, so I smiled back. I didn't know the meaning behind it though.

"Carly, Kristen!" I heard, so turned to face the direction it was coming from.

"Soph!" I said gleefully, pulling her in for a hug.

"New York?" she asked.

"Amazayn!"

"And Harry Styles?!" she asked, and started screaming. A few people looked at us so I pushed into the back corner before joining in and jumping up and down with her.

"I can't believe you met them!" she stated.

"I know, me neither! Just luck, I guess!" I pointed out. Was I meant to tell her that I'd been to their apartment too, and out with Harry? My conscience told me no, so I kept my mouth shut for sone insane reason. With that the bell rang, and I took a seat next to Evie after giving her a warm hug.

Gabby sat down to my other side and started squealing. I widened my eyes, wondering why she was acting so crazy.

"What?" I bent close to her and whispered. 

"totally hot guys at 9 o'clock looking our way!" looking up to my left, sure enough, I saw two guys looking at us who I didn't recognise - they must be new. But oh my god they were gorgeous! They looked like they could be twins through their similar tanned skin with brown hair, though different shades. One had dark brown hair, almost black, and the other light brown, blondy hair, and I found him looking at me. Me. Oh no. I quickly looked away and started talking to Evie. No, I was not even going there.

Our new form teacher, Miss Canter, introduced herself and handed out our timetables. Looking over mine, I found myself pleased. I only had three lessons: English language, biology and music. Biology first, which I must admit, got me kind of stressed, but saying goodbye to everyone, I took off to find my new class.

I found the class quite easily, I obviously knew my school well, but it had been redone over the summer slightly. Especially the labs, they were very modern now from what I could see. Following the other students who I didn't really recognise, I entered the classroom and my teacher pointed to a seat for me. I followed his hand and widened my eyes and where he was sitting me. Next to the new guy...that had been looking at me. Why? Why me?

I walked over and threw my bag under my stool, taking out a pen and sitting down. I had none of my friends in this class, which was not good - all I would seem like was shy girl. I looked up at him to find him smiling.

"So does my new lab partner have a name?" he asked.

"That depends," I surprised myself by saying. "Does mine?" he laughed.

"Sam," he said, extending his hand.

"Carly."

He was pretty. Why I said pretty I don't even know, but I actually didn't find myself attracted to him. He wasn't Harry.