Chapter 27

“Someone help me!”

***

What was happening?

Harry?

Carrying me?

Screaming for someone to help me?

***

“Pass her over Harry!”

***

Why are they controlling him?

Taking me away from him?

Pushing him away?

Ordering him to stay silent?

***

“Do you have to do that!?”

***

Why are they doing that to me?

Resuscitating me?

Pumping oxygen into me?

Breathing air into me?

***

Silence.

***

“I don't know what else we can do.”

No.

“Harry!” I screamed in his face.

Nothing.

“Harry!” I tried again, waving my hands in every direction.

Nothing.

“Harry, I'm fine!” I cried, falling down next to him and beginning to cry myself after seeing heavy tears constantly free falling from his pale face.

“Please don't cry,” I sobbed, breaking down and shaking hopelessly. “Don't cry over me!”

I scrambled up, running over to the bed that several first aiders were hunched over.

“Why can't you hear me!?” I sobbed, pushing and shoving each one of them. They stood as still as statues, not moving at all. “Why can't you-” I stopped, following their gazes to the motionless body lying on the bed. Me. I widened my eyes, silence suddenly taking over me.

“Why-” I struggled, whispering as soft as a feather. “Why can't you save me?” A loud noise shattered from behind and I turned abruptly around, fear tormenting me.

“NO!”

***

“NO!” I screamed, wiping the tears away and forcing myself up from the forceful, heavy ground. I ran over to the bed and pushed the nurses away, not caring at all what happened.

“Harry, there's nothing we can do!” one of them urged, placing a hand on my shoulder. I pushed her off, glaring down.

“I don't believe that,” I hissed, motioning for them all to get away. I looked down at Carly, laying there helplessly. Her deep red lipstick was smudged from the surgeons who had tried to save her. I wasn't giving up. I wasn't a coward. I was going to fight for her.

“She's strong,” I growled, placing my hands on her chest. I pushed my hands down and back up, praying for her heart to beat, for her live. I didn't stop. I'd stay here all night. All week. All year. Forever. I couldn't live without her. I didn't even have time to over think what had just ran through my mind, because instead I quickly sucked in a gallon of air and pressed my lips strongly onto hers, forcing the oxygen into her. I stood back up, propping my hands and pushing again. She couldn't die. I wouldn't let her die. 

***

Aching.

I stood there helplessly.

Pain.

Pain in my chest.

***

“Harry, stop!”

“No!” I screamed, trying again. I didn't have a clue how long had passed but I wasn't stopping. I quickly bent my head down to her heart, listening intently. I widened my eyes, shooting myself back up and raising my voice even more.

“Her heart's beating you idiots! How couldn't you hear that?!”

Silence. Sudden glances.

They all shoved past me, pushing me back to the corner.

“Her heart wasn't beating before.”

Hope.

***

Fading.

I looked down at my small hands, finding them disappearing.

Disappearing.

Disappearing back to reality.

***

"Let me come with you!" I struggled, but security held me back.

"You've already caused a scene and wasted enough time, people have paid for this show Harry! Don't hold it up any longer."

I scrambled and pushed but they were too strong, I watched the ambulance slowly drive away and closed my eyes.

***

He saved me.

He saved my life.

Harry Styles saved my life.

***