Chapter 11

"Hepton park?" I asked confusingly as I started up at the sign above us. Harry turned the engine off and turned his head around to face me, showing a bright, gorgeous smile. Whoa.

"Well sort of, yeah...come on, you'll see!" He answered gleefully, motioning for me to get off the bike.

"Err...okay, give me a minute," I said, looking around and trying to figure out how to get off. Eventually I just figured the swing of the leg - I just prayed I looked sane. I stood up and felt my legs go a bit wobbly, ooh that was weird. Harry was looking at me now as well, just smiling.

"Harry?" I asked after what I found to be turning into an awkward moment. He blinked and snapped back to reality, shaking his head.

"Sorry!" He quickly sighed, doing the same as me and swinging his leg off the motorbike. I seriously couldn't look at him without going all jelloid. Standing to face me, he smiled again and tugged his hood up, as did I. I looked around to see a few weird stares; I guess we probably did look suspicious, standing here in the blazing sun with hoodys covering our faces.

"Err...harry?" I asked, turning to face him looking around exactly as I had.

"Yeah?" He replied. I stepped slightly closer to him, brushing our arms slightly and completely dying inside. My voice changed to a low whisper when I spoke.

"I think this looks kinda weird, us just standing here in the summer sun with hoodies up. You know, kinda suspicious?" I raised my eyebrows.

"Suspicious of what?" He asked, laughing.

"Anything!" I sighed. "We could have killed someone!" By now my voice had raised a LOT and as I looked to my left I saw a woman with a toddler in her arms looking at me with horror. Oh god.

"I wouldn't be capable of that...mam!" I said laughing to myself. She just carried on staring.

"Yeah!" I carried on blabbing, avoiding Harry's most probably worried look, and tugged my hood down. "Just joking...not that you should joke about killing someone, which I didn't! I'm...just on a casual walk with my boyfriend!" I smiled, stepping closer to harry and fiddling with my hand until I found his and laced my fingers through his. Oh! My! God! I was holding hands with Harry! I couldn't even cope with myself. I was due to pass out any second now. Ignoring the electric sparks running through my veins, I coughed and smiled, looking at her baby.

"He likes the hoodies," I joked. "Sweet, isn't it?" I let out a sigh of relief when the woman cracked a small smile.

"Come on sweetie," I pulled on Harry's hand, and though I heard no response, he still nodded to the woman and walked side by side with me. After turning the corner, I sighed and dreadfully looked up at him. I saw him hide a grin, then after a moment he burst out laughing.

"What was that?!" He asked between breaths.

"Oh my god, do we seriously look like murderers?" I asked, shaking my head but then joining in laughing. "Her face!" We both stood there in hysterics, which was pretty funny itself. After recovering from my crazy (and truly embarrassing) scene, I followed Harry's gaze which stopped at out fingers, still laced together. We just stared for a moment, before quickly separating them and both shoving our hands into our pockets. Wow. That was awkward. Harry coughed and I looked up.

"This way?" He asked, seeming to have already forgotten about it and pointed to the left. I smiled and nodded in response.

"...sure."

***

I was...pretty much speechless. Harry had lead me around the usual road in the park filled with lots of families and a few groups of teenage girls who I immediately dodged. But not five minutes ago had he turned a sudden corner which I hadn't even noticed. After that, we'd ducked under branches, making our way off the path and through the woods which I'm not going to lie, got me slightly worried. But then Harry had turned around, showing me a beaming smile and said: "here we are." He had stepped to the side, pulling the remaining branch aside for me to step in front of. I'd gasped and heard him quietly laugh beside me.