Chapter 53

I quickly blinked, scanning myself in the mirror before me. 'Okay,' my voice encouraged. 'Stop being such a nervous wreck.'

It was so right. I needed to stop. I needed to stop thinking about everything. I just needed to calm down and let the chips fall where they may. If it happened, it happened. That would be right. That was what I wanted, for sure.

But what if it was just...awkward? I had no clue at all, no idea. He, on the other hand, definitely had an idea. I think. Interrupting my thoughts, a knock on my door caused me to straighten up.

“You can come in mum,” I said, to which she opened the door and stepped inside.

“Are you all packed?” She asked, folding her arms across her chest as she smiled, eyeing my small suitcase. I hoped she didn't look inside. With that my mind drifted back to last weekend.

***

"What about this?" Georgia asked, holding up the...well I couldn't really call it clothing, could I? There was barely any material!

"Are you kidding?!" I cried. "I can't wear that!"

"But I thought you liked black?" She sighed, putting it back down. Thank God.

"I do like black. Just not like this," I waved my hands in front of it. "Why do guys like it? I don't get it."

She stood beside me, following my gaze of the several lingerie pieces sitting on hangers in front of us. After a minute she shook her head, and I laughed in response.

"I don't know, in all honesty. But it certainly works!" she said, and I cringed. I didn't need to know that. At all.

"It works?" I surprised myself by saying. She raised her eyebrows slightly and nodded, answering my question.

"Completely."

Okay, so I could either sit around worrying about Paris and when it came, freak out and scare the crap out of Harry. Or, I could step up, face it, and maybe...impress him instead? Could I do that? Impress him? I couldn't even imagine myself being sexy towards him, I'd just be awkward instead and it would definitely show. But then again he would probably laugh at me making a fool of myself. So it was decided. Plan B it was. I took a quick breath and stepped forward, scanning the racks. I searched through the hangers until I found my size. I pulled out the black material and stared at it, turning around as Georgia snapped me away from my thoughts.

"That is NOT your size!"

I gave her a look and she raised her eyebrows, laughing. I didn't stop there. I turned back towards the...clothes, and found a blue piece, grabbing my size in that too. I then walked over to the bras, taking several sale items and throwing them into the half-filled basket I was now holding. I looked over at Georgia who was staring at me in shock. She held her hand up and I smiled, high fiving her before she pointed at the bag.