Chapter 25

"They're letting us camp inside?" I widened my eyes. "That's a first!"

"I know, but hey - there's only seven people here, can you believe it?" Kris cheered as we made our way to the back of the small queue. We all sat down, clearing some space in the car parking area. We had arrived not long ago and security had instructed us to wait here. So this was our new home for two days - yippee.

"I don't get it Gab, couldn't Liam have just got us backstage passes?" Kris asked though Gab interrupted her by slapping her hand across her mouth.

"Shh!" she hissed. She looked around and lowered her voice. "Well, yeah, he did ask me if I'm being honest, but I said I wanted to do what every other fan was doing. Don't you guys want to feel like you've earned being at the front?" she looked between me and Kris. We just burst out laughing.

"I can't believe how warm it is in here!" I changed the subject, pulling out a blanket and laying it on the floor before I sat down.

"I know! They've been pretty generous for once!" Kristen cried.

"Can you believe we camped for the first book signing and didn't even get wristbands?" Gab shook her head as she joined me on the blanket.

"I know, but only because them stupid girls pushed in," I pointed out.

"God I wanted to give them a piece of my mind," Kris narrowed her eyes and I laughed quietly.

"I'm here!" we all heard and looked up. Soph was running into the room breathless, holding bags of snacks and drinks. I widened my eyes and quickly stood up, running over to her.

"Soph! What happened? You didn't come to my house for the taxi," I said as I took the bags from her.

"Sorry, I got caught up! I'll tell you in a minute, but right now-" she stopped, looking at the tiny queue ahead of us. "Oh my god, we've got front row!" she cried with glee. We all cheered and I sat down with her, setting the bags beside the wall.

"I really need some Lucozade," I moaned, grabbing a bottle from one of the bags. "Anyone want anything?" They all shook their heads and then Soph turned to face me. 

"Car?" she whispered. I looked up at her.

"Yeah?" I raised my eyebrows and she bit her lip.

"Do you...er, do you...like Sam?" she quietly said and I felt my face plaster with confusion.

"What? No! You know that Soph, he's just a good friend, why, I don't get it-"

"-Sam asked me out," she quickly rushed and I widened my eyes.

"Oh my god Soph!" I cried, hugging her. She seemed surprised at my expression for some reason, I wasn't sure why.

"I don't get it, were you seriously scared to tell me? Why?" I laughed. She laughed too.

"I don't know, I think everyone just thought you liked each other, and then at the talent show when you kissed, I thought you might have been mad. Sorry Car," she hugged me back.

"Don't be!" I smiled. "I think you two will be an amazing couple. But when he calls you have to let me come shopping with you to find an outfit."

"Deal," she smiled brightly. Oh man. Gab was dating Liam, now Soph was going to date Sam. Pretty soon Kristen would find someone. I was just living life forever alone.

***

"Ten minutes!" I cried with glee.

"Oh my god!" Soph cried. "Is all our blankets and rubbish in them bags?" she pointed behind me. I looked back towards the bags we were leaving behind, scanning around our area.

"Yep," I smiled. "Have you all got everything you need?"

"Car, all I need right now is to see one direction, nothing more," Gab winked. I looked behind us and sighed, allowing my thoughts to take over for several minutes. It was about 5:50pm now and we had been camping for over two days. I wasn't even that tired, considering we had kind of skipped school and stayed in an underground car park it wasn't too noisy, so I'd managed to get plenty of sleep. We had ate a hell of a lot of food which made me feel like I didn't want to eat for another week but it was completely worth it. We had got ready the only way of course, toilets. It was kind of disgusting, but I guess we had no other option. I figured it would probably get hot when we were in there so had decided on an electric blue blouse with ripped denim shorts and my creepers. I was wearing make up, a layer of foundation with mascara and a thin stroke of black eye liner with a flick on the end. To top it off I had gone daring with a bold red lipstick. Ah well. 'YOLO', as they say. The queue behind us now was just insane, I couldn't see the end because it seemed like a never ending roller coaster. It was unbelievable how big the boys had gotten since their first single. I was such a proud fan, and friend too, I guess.

"They're opening the doors!" a fan several metres in front of us said and the screaming began. We all joined in of course, laughing and feeling the energy and excitement travelling along the line. Security guards pushed us forward and I grabbed onto Kristen's hand, keeping tight hold of it and squealing uncontrollably with her.

"Single file, ladies!" the men shouted as we squeezed through them, but I didn't take in a word they said. As soon as the ticket lady scanned our tickets we were inside and running for our lives.

"Faster!" I screamed, looking behind me when Gab fell behind.

"Hurry Gab!" I grabbed her arm, pulling her along with me. More girls were being let in now, and the were slowly chasing up to us like ravenous drivers in a car race. Soph took the lead, running ahead and pushing open the huge double doors leading to the centre floor area in the theatre. There were only a few girls standing in there. Oh boy. I carried on running, dragging Gab and Kristen along. I didn't even glance at the merchandise stall, that could wait until later. Catching up with Soph, we all sprinted the final few metres and then stopped, breathless as we came in contact with the barrier. We were front row. In the very middle.

"Here's to teamwork!" I screamed, and they all high-fived me.

"Yes!" Soph cheered. More girls were running in now, stopping behind us. The arena slowly filled up and before I knew it, we were standing at the front of a seriously crowded small space. Thank God I wasn't claustrophobic.

"Wow," I breathed, looking up at the huge stage covered up by a curtain. This night was seriously going to be a night to remember.

***