Chapter 41

"Have you got everything then?" Anne asked as Harry put our bags into the boot of his car.

"Sure have!" I said gleefully. "Thank you so much for letting me stay Anne, I had an amazing time!"

"Oh, nonsense dear!" Anne laughed, pulling me in for a comforting, warm hug. "It's so great to have met you. You-" she pointed at Harry, raising her eyebrows. "Don't let her go. You're a lucky boy," she grinned and Harry laughed.

"I promise I wont," I heard him softly say behind me as I hugged Gemma and Robin. I turned back round to see him grinning at me.

"Ready?"

"Yep."

"I'll ring you next week mum to sort something out. I'll see you soon," Harry pulled her in for a hug, towering over her by a few inches. I smiled, feeling sorry that he barely got to spend time with his family anymore. Closing the doors behind us, Harry started the car and we waved goodbye to his loving, though upset family. I somehow felt guilty; the fact that he and the other boys had to follow orders from management all of the time. I guess it was a price they had to pay though for their incredible career.

"Do you want some bread?" Harry asked beside me and I started laughing uncontrollably.

"Never again! What is it with us getting into food fights?" I smiled, looking up at him. A few days ago when Harry had taken me 'sightseeing' in Holmes Chapel (which he actually was right about - it didn't take long at all), we had gone into the bakers he had worked in and I had fangirled a lot. You would think I'd have been embarrassed but after the things I'd been through with him, the feeling had just brushed away. The owner who of course, had known Harry, asked us if we wanted to make some bread in the back to be sold. Harry being Harry though had started a bread fight which consisted of packages of flour, eggs, milk, and already made bread which we'd stuffed in each others mouths...a lot. And I kept complaining that I'd never eat bread again.

"I don't know," he laughed, answering my question. "But it was a lot of fun."

"I know it was," I laughed and turned to face the window beside me, watching the now familiar town disappear. I had had such a lovely time here; I'd met all of Harry's family, including his dad who was lovely, seen his home town and even met some of his old friends. I had already recognised the faces of some of them before we were introduced as I knew them from his first band: White Eskimo. Harry had been so lovely too, which had made me love him even more. That, I did not think possible.

Harry had drove here before Christmas and so instead of getting the train again, I got to drive back with him. And believe me, I was not complaining. A four hour car journey with Harry, woohoo! Everything looked so amazing, snow and ice still coated the trees and surroundings, adding a crystal like finish to them which looked beautiful. Harrys fingers linked through mine and I squeezed his hand, sinking back into the seat and getting comfortable. We had a long journey ahead, but I was happy because I was in the presence of him.

***

My family had loved Carly. Seriously, my mum hadn't wanted her to go. I think she loved her more than me which made me so happy. Of course I knew they would love her but I could feel her nerves sometimes; I guess first impressions are important. Though she made a really good one, which I expected because she was amazing. Truly was, I still couldn't believe how lucky I was. She was mine. And I couldn't be happier. Her fingers stayed linked with mine for the most of the journey apart from when I hesitated with my driving and so had to use both hands. I'd notice her running her fingers through her hair and messing it all which looked effortless though really gorgeous. She was killing me inside, my heart would still beat quickly whenever I was around her, not to mention I even flushed a few times. Was that worrying? Since when did I flush? Since never, was the answer. But I wasn't bothered, maybe she could see how much her perfect actions effected me. I could barely control myself around her. On new years eve I think we'd nearly...you know. As much as I had wanted to (and I seriously had), I was partly relieved that my family had came home. Not only because we had just exchanged promise rings and had only been a couple for just over a week, but the fact that I didn't want to seem pressurising. I didn't want Carly to think I was forcing her into it because I wasn't at all. I wanted to wait until she was ready, and if things started happening between us I'd be sure to ask her before she done something she hadn't wanted. I didn't even know if she was a virgin, it's not exactly something you just randomly ask your new girlfriend, she would really judge me otherwise. It didn't bother me either way to be honest but if she was, I think I would be happy - I couldn't imagine her with another guy, the though made jealousy surround me instantly. I know, that was bad, and probably sounded insane but I couldn't bare the thought of her not being in my life - it scared me to even think that.

I drove at a high speed, luckily dodging all traffic jams and making it back to london in record time. Finally we pulled up outside Carly's house.

"Here we are," I cut the engine and looked over at her. Our hands were joined and she went to pull away though I held on, leaning close to her.

"Thank you," I whispered in the small, enclosed space between us.

"For what?" she asked with a confused expression on her face.

"For just...being you. Being amazing, beautiful you." She smiled at me in response, leaning up to plant a soft, delicate kiss on my lips. I couldn't doubt it; every time she kissed me I went dizzy and I swear those fireworks would never go away. Call me insane, but they were really there. My hands reached up and caressed her face, stroking her dominant cheekbones lightly as her fingers entangled with my hair. We both pulled away and I grinned, tearing away from her gaze and opening the door beside me. I ran to the boot of the car and unlocked it, grabbing Carlys bag and jogging over to her as she stepped out of the car.

"Thank you," she repeated as we walked towards her door.

"For what?"

"Inviting me. And also for being...-" she searched for the right word. "Perfect." I looked down at her as she said it. Me, perfect? I couldn't even imagine it!

"-you are," she said as if reading my mind. "You're perfect, Harry Styles."

***

My hand reached for the doorbell but it opened before I had a chance to ring it. Georgia and Louis stood there.

"Oh! Hey Harry!" she hugged me as I stepped inside. "I was just leaving...how did it go?"

"Great," I beamed, looking at her and Lou.

"Aw! I'll speak to Carly later anyway, bye babe," she pecked Louis on the lips and waved goodbye to me as she walked away, climbing into her beetle and speeding down the road. Louis closed the door behind her and turned to face me.

"Niall and Liam are in there," he pointed out and we walked towards the living room.

"Wheres Zayn?" I asked.

"Staying at megan's place tonight," he answered.

"Ah," I laughed, opening the door.

"Harry's home!" Niall stood from eating his sandwich which made me laugh; I swear this boy would marry food one day. He gave me a hug and I patted his back, laughing.

"Still not cutting down on the food?" I laughed.

"Hey!" he defended. "I'm as healthy as a horse!"

"Hiya mate," Liam smiled as I sat down beside him. "How did it go?"

"Perfect," I answered, looking at the three of them. "They loved her."

"Of course they would!" Lou smiled. "So, what did you get up to?" he winked and I laughed.

"For your information, we never," I admitted, causing Liam to jump up and do an over the top dance whilst Louis and Niall sighed, miserable feelings showing on their faces.

"Wh-what's going on?" I asked, confused.

"We had a bet," Louis explained, and I raised my eyebrows. "Clearly Niall and I lost, and well Liam...Liam, can you stop doing that ridiculous dance?"

"I don't skit your awful dancing!" he laughed, doing his famous '1, 2, 3...flick', sitting down next to me and offering me a hand to shake. "I'm proud of you!"

"I'm not that bad!" I argued. "Do you really think I'd sleep with her after just one week?" They each looked at me as if to say 'dude, you usually sleep with a different girl every night.' I sighed, speaking up again.

"I'm not like that any more. I know I'm not. I'm waiting until she's ready...when it happens, it happens."

"He's really grown up, hasn't he?" Liam smiled brightly. "Well this calls for a celebration, plus you two need to pay your part from the bet," he stood up, as did the rest of us.

"What price do you have to pay?" I asked, looking over at Louis.

"Endless Milkshakes on us," Niall answered before he could speak. "I may have to pay, but I'm not complaining!"

"Milkshake city baby!" Louis cheered and we all laughed, heading out of the door to buy a lot of non-alcoholic but delicious drinks.

***