Chapter 10

"Hi Carly!" I heard the shouts start as I walked into the main auditorium stage. All little girls started jumping up and down and I saw ashley run over to me. She wasn't much older than me, mid twenties I'd say, we got on really well.

"Okay guys, Carly’s here, calm down now!" She said, laughing. I laughed along with her and ran over to the side to take my jacket off. I really didn't have a clue what to wear; Harry was picking my up straight from here so I'd thrown on a pair of riding style leggings with a cropped mick jagger shirt, hoping I'd be able to dance in them. Taking my dance boots out of my bag, I changed into them and ran back over to all the girls. I noticed most of them wearing one direction tees, which was adorable.

"Hey guys!" I said cheerfully. "So ashley said something about learning a dance to what makes you beautiful?"

"Yeah!" They all replied. Aw.

"Okay, well let's get started!" I said, plugging my ipod into the docking station. I ran over to my bag again and pulled out five masks which I'd printed out for them to use.

"I have an idea!" I stated, holding up the first mask. "Who wants to be Harry?"

***

*HARRY*

"So the flight leaves at 9, and we need to be there for no later than 8, so you need to be back at 7 and-"

"Lou! I got it!" I patted him on the back and ran up to my room. It was almost 11:30 and I was about to leave to pick Carly up, her dance school wasn't too far away but I wanted to get there early; I didn't want to be recognised. Running back down, I held up the black apparel hoody to Lou.

"Seriously? You're wearing that?" He asked.

"I can't get recognised man," I stated. "If any paparazzi see us together who knows what story they'll start...plus ill take it off once we get there," I pointed out.

"And may ask where there is?" He raised his eyebrows.

"You'll see my friend," I answered, zipping the jacket on and pulling the hood up to hide my curls.

"Sadly I won't, but have fun," he sighed. "Don't be late!" He shouted as I slammed the door in his face. I jogged down towards my motorbike, got on, then paused for a moment. I'd taken the keys to this because I went everywhere on it...on my own. Damn, I was taking Carly out today. I was about to go back to change the keys when a picture painted in my mind of Carly with her arms around me. That immediately washed out any other thoughts I had so I started the engine and made my way there.

After about ten minutes driving I parked the motorbike on the side of the road and got off. Looking up, my eyes found a sign saying 'ashley clarke's' which I'm guessing was the owner of the dance school. I jogged across the road and opened the door to the main entrance quietly. There was a young girl at the desk but she had headphones in and was concentrating on her phone, so I quickly ran into the nearest room so she wouldn't notice me. I looked around to thankfully find it empty, though I could hear several voices quite near. Opening another door, I found myself in a theatre, which was really very nice. I looked up towards the stage to see lots of little girls standing in a huddle. I didn't think they had heard me open the door so I took a seat at the back and kept my head down. After a minute or so I saw a blonde haired girl run on from the side of the stage and take a seat on the first row of the audience. I then realised that if someone saw me sitting here at the back with a black hood over my head it would look pretty bad, and so I pulled it down and fluffed my curls a bit.

"Right, has everyone got it?" I heard and looked up to see Carly running on stage. At the sight of her I found myself grinning. Then my face dropped. I didn't even know why I had arranged to see her again today but I just knew the thought of not seeing her again for two months made me...sad. She jumped down off the stage and joined her friend sitting on the first row.

"Where's Harry?" she asked and I actually stood up to go over to her when a little girl ran on, wearing a mask with my face on. She was followed by four other girls wearing masks of Louis, Liam, Zayn and Niall. What was this? I quietly sat back down as the group of girls on stage rearranged themselves into starting positions...for a dance apparently. Carly was fiddling with something, though I wasn't sure what. I sat back and suddenly heard the start of our new first single playing: what makes you beautiful. The young girls started dancing, the 5 masked ones in the middle. They were actually really good. I found myself smiling and wanting to dance along but that would just look weird. After they finished Carly and her friend stood up, clapping and cheering. The performers were smiling, then all of a sudden one of them screamed. She started jumping up and down, pointing in...my direction. Crap. She looked like she wanted to cry.

"Ashley, there's a weird man looking at us!" She cried. Immediately every persons eyes looked towards mine, including Carlys. My gaze met hers and she must have realised it was me because she widened her eyes and mouthed something. I didn't have a clue what to do, so I just randomly stood up, making sure my hood was down, and walked towards the stage. As I got closer to the stage I think everyone recognised me, which I wasn't sure was a good thing or a bad thing; I wanted to spend as long with Carly as I could. All the young girls started to scream, though not in a frightened way anymore. More like a gleeful way. I looked over at Carly who widened her eyes again quickly, and then I turned to face the huddle of girls. I really had no clue what I was doing.

"Hi!" I said cheerfully. "I was driving past when I heard our new single so I thought I'd have a look...you guys were great!" I smiled at each one of them. They just stared at me. An awkward silence formed, and I didn't know what to do.

"Harry, can I please have a picture?" I looked up to see a young girl walking over to me holding her phone. I think she looked about 9 ish. Aw.

"Yeah, sure!" I answered.

"Here chloe, ill take your picture," I heard a familiar voice whisper.

"Thanks Carly," she sighed, handing her the phone. I looked at Carly who looked up at me then back down. I almost laughed. How were we both supposed to leave together now?

I put my arm around Chloe and Carly took our picture. After that every other girl wanted a picture so Carly took out her camera and said she'd email them so they were better quality. Once finished, I looked at her and she shook her head as if she didn't know what to do.

"It was lovely meeting you guys - keep up the good work!" I said, jumping down from the stage and making my way towards the exit.

"Wait, Carly, don't you want a picture?" one of the girls asked.

"Erm...yeah, okay," she said, which I think was a good thing. It would have looked suspicious other wise.

I turned back to see Carly coming over to me. I smiled at her hoping that it looked like I'd never seen her before. Everyone else started talking, and Carly's dance teacher was trying to figure out how the camera worked. I felt a tap on my shoulder and looked down at her. She bent up and quickly whispered: "there's a back door over there." My eyes followed hers and I found it. Nodding my head, she carried on. "ill come after you."

I laughed at her, realising her dance teacher had now figured out what to do. "Okay," I quietly answered, nodding. I'd lost count of the amount of times I'd had my picture taken with Carly these past few days.

***

*CARLY*

I eagerly ran out of the building, heading towards the back. As I turned the corner I found myself face to face with Harry. He looked up, found my gaze and smiled. Oh god.

"Well that was fun!" he said as if he were a five year old child.

"I guess so!" I replied laughing. "Sorry about that..hey," I added.

"Hi," he replied, smiling again. I didn't know what to say at first, then Harry spoke for me.

"Sorry I was spying," he grinned. I laughed in response.

"Oh right. Not cool styles," I raised my eyebrows. "Youll be proud of me!" I pointed out.

"Why?" he asked, seeming curious. In response I took my jacket off and saw him widen his eyes. Jeesh, I wasn't even going to wonder what he was thinking about. I reached into my bag and exchanged the military waistcoat with a black hoody instead. I saw Harry laugh when I put it on and pulled the hood up.

"I know it's not the hottest jacket around but I thought I should wear it," I sighed. He looked at me for a moment, debating what to say.

"Thanks Carly. That's a good idea, but you can take it off when we get there," he smiled.

"Where are we going?" I asked as he pulled his hood up and we started walking.

"You'll see. It's not a crowded place, no one knows about it actually," he pointed out.

"Really?" I asked, raising my eyebrows slightly. He laughed then shook his head.

"Come on, let's go!" he ran ahead.

"Hey!" I ran after him and found myself stopping on the main road at a red motorbike. Oh noooooo. I had thought this might happen, and I really wasn't planned enough. How could I get on a bike with Harry Styles?! Did he really think I was that sane? He swung his leg over and I think I died. Looking up at me, the pictures I had imagined were nothing compared to reality, and how gorgeous he was.

"Carly?" he asked.

"Yeah?!" I snapped my thoughts back to the present.

"Are you coming?" he asked again.

"Sure!" I cheerfully said, though found myself not moving from my stand in the middle of the road.

"Well you kind of need to get on the bike..." he trailed off.

"I knew that!" I sighed, walking over to him and pausing. Taking a small deep breath which I prayed he didn't hear, I copied what Harry had done and swung my leg over. Woo! That must have looked impressive. But now I was sitting behind him, as far away as possible. My arms were just sitting in the air, because I had no clue where to put them.

"Harry?" I quietly asked. He turned around slightly and grinned.

"What?" he asked.

"Where should I-"

"Around me, Car," he finished my question for me. That name: Car, the nickname again. I left my hands in the air. Oh my god, this situation could not get any more awkward. I didn't think anything was going to happen so when Harry suddenly started he engine and the bike jumped forward I screamed and automatically threw my arms around his waist. He threw his head back and started laughing at me.

"That was uncalled for!" I said sarcastically.

"At least you know how to sit properly now. You want a helmet?" he asked. I laughed; I actually thought he was joking, but soon enough he held one up.

"No thank you, I trust you," I smiled. He smiled back at me then turned around, speeding the motorbike off down the street. I tugged my hood up and held tight onto him...I wish I could stay in this perfect moment forever.