"YOU'RE WHAT?!" AU

<< Oh boy, this AU is a fun one. I'll probably end up doing more different Purplephone scenarios with this prompt >>

"I'm sorry, I..."

"So what you're saying is, this relationship was never real...!"

"... yes... I'm a paid actor... for a TV show..."

Scott collapsed to his knees and broke down into tears. His first kiss, his first time, his... everything. All the kisses and cuddles and love letters... it was all fake! How could somebody do that to somebody else?

Vincent was on the verge of tears himself. It started out as what he thought was harmless fun, it was all fake... he'd admit that much. But as time went on, he found himself falling more and more in love with the man he was supposed to only fake affection for. The relationship really became authentic to him.

He didn't know why he chose to tell Scott. But he knew he could fix it... maybe. Somehow. He had to try.

"Scotty-"

"Don't call me that ever again!"

"... Scott... I love you, really I do..." The tears poured down. "... it started as an act, but... time went on, and I stopped faking... if you'd have me, I'd love to be your boyfriend... your real boyfriend... and I mean that." For emphasis, he took the contract for the TV show out of his back pocket and ripped it apart, screaming obscenities directed at the network.

"Why should I forgive you?"

"... you shouldn't... it's fine if you don't..."

"We'll see, about the boyfriend thing... but for now, just... friends?"

"With benefits?"

Scott laughed. "Maybe."