"Wumbo" AU #1

<< I found a whole list. So this is just one of them. You can request which you want next. >>

Scott stood off to the side of a crowded New Orleans bar, a glass of water in his hand. Boring, he knew. And this overwhelming boringness seemed to be intensified by the fact that he was at a karaoke bar, and he hadn't sung a single note. But he did seem to be a bit of a loner, generally. I mean, who goes to a bar in a sweater and jeans? Especially when half the people around you are drag queens or wearing otherwise flamboyant costumes...

Did I mention he was there on pride week? He was there on pride week.

As the next person stepped down (a girl with rainbow-dyed hair, who sat on her girlfriend's lap with a laugh), the stage felt so empty. And something in Scott did, too. Maybe it was just the excitement of the place, but he felt that, in this moment, it was his time to show everyone that he wasn't boring, and he wasn't going to stand by while others claimed the stage. Rushing up through the crowd, he stopped in front of the stage...

... when another man climbed up.

Scott scowled, slumping into a chair. He was determined to get up there at some point. The man, meanwhile, reached back to the dimmer on the wall, slurring "Vincent is here to satisfyyyyy~"

The man's gaze fell on Scott, and he smirked, holding out a hand as a signal to stop whatever song they were getting ready to play. He stepped forward, one foot off the stage and one foot on it. When he leaned forward, Scott could smell the alcohol on his breath. Then, the man brought the microphone to his mouth and started singing.

"The best time to wear a striped sweateeeeer... is all the tiiiime~"

The bar erupted into laughter. Vincent continued. "... one with a collar..." He climbed onto Scott's lap, apparently not noticing how much the other was blushing already, or not caring. "... turtleneck, that's the kiiiiind~"

He tugged at Scott's collar, and proceeded to promptly pass out while still on his lap. Everyone in the bar was doubled over in drunken laughter, and Scott was sitting there with a stranger pressed against him.

Looked like he wouldn't be singing tonight.

Heaving the man up and into his arms (he was surprisingly light), he carried him out of the bar and up to his hotel room. Taking his hair out of the tight ponytail it was in, he set the man down in what was his bed, taking some covers so he could sleep on the couch.

Vincent grabbed at what covers remained, pulling them close with a half-asleep yet appreciative "Mm~". Scott smiled, turning off the lights and laying on the couch.