"Paranormal" AU #1

Scott huffed, and blue flames shot up from between his horns. Yet another human had gone running. He wasn't even trying to take their souls... at least, not yet. Not until the end of the human's time, or the point when he'd found the best human of the mostly worthless bunch. At that point, they could become like him: immortal, frozen at their current age... or, if they wished, any other age. Of course, demons didn't usually give their victims a choice, but Scott was a little more caring towards the humans...

He actually liked humans a lot. More than the other demon girls... but he liked human men...

Deep in his thinking and sadness, he bumped into someone on the street down which he was walking, and fell to the ground. More blue flames spouted from his head. "Watch where you're--!" He looked up to see a man clad in purple, holding out a cane and wearing sunglasses.

"O-oh... I'm so sorry, I didn't--"

Scott scrambled to his feet, concerned. "No, no, i-it's fine!" He picked up his things from the ground. "... I'm Scott."

"Vincent."

"I-I'm so sorry... I've been having the worst day, I'm a jerk."

"Everyone has those days... and, I mean, you look like a nice person."

They both laughed a little, and walked together from then on. The crowd of people parted like the Red Sea around them. Scott sighed happily. It was just more proof that there were good people in this world. Everyone was scared of him, and yet... yet, Vincent was able to just be with him. They went to a nearby park, sitting on a bench. Scott looked at the flowers while Vincent picked them up and smelled them. Scott saw his demonic reflection in the water, Vincent picked it up and let it run through his fingers. Scott found it amazing how this human experienced the world... he wanted more of it.

"I want to make it up to you. Would you like to go to eat somewhere? My treat."

"No... I'd just be okay walking with you, and hearing your voice... it's nice having someone with me."

Scott smiled a bit. "... I feel the same way."