"Christmas" AU #1

"Vincent!"

Scott ran down the stairs, still in his pajamas, which had little phones all over them. He didn't really care. It was Christmas! This was what it was about! Running downstairs in your PJs, opening gifts, watching Christmas specials on TV, drinking eggnog... and, of course, being with loved ones.

And there was nobody that Scott loved more than Vincent!

They'd been together for... well, forever. Scott didn't want to brag, but he'd never met a couple that loved each other as much as he and Vince loved each other. They spent a ton of Christmases together, cuddling by the fire, slightly tipsy from the spiked eggnog. In fact, the pajamas that Scott was wearing right now were last year's gift from Vincent.

He always loved that man, right from the start. Based on looks, well... nobody could compete. He had beautiful, soft purple hair, which fell just below his shoulders. His skin was a similar hue, and his eyes were a brilliant bright white. And when he got to know him, it was that much better. Compassionate, and intelligent, and romantic...

He really did think he was the luckiest man in the world.

"Vincent, come on!" He sat on the couch impatiently. A few minutes ticked by, and he figured his shouts were just going unheard. Vincent was always a heavy sleeper; they both always joked that perhaps he needed a baseball bat attached to his alarm clock.

Shrugging, he turned on the TV. "A Charlie Brown Christmas" flashed its familiar hand-drawn animation and beautiful colors across the screen. Just as the special drew nearer to its climax, it was suddenly interrupted by a news broadcast.

"We interrupt this program with breaking news from the Fazbear case. A man who is only identified as "Boss" has been arrested for criminal negligence and negligent homicide in connection to the deaths of many employees at the children's restaurant, most recently the death of a night worker named Vincent. Additionally, the restaurant has been shut down to examine possible mechanical malfunctions which may have led to the deaths. There are currently no plans to reopen the restaurant or reinstate the allegedly friendly animatronic band. We now return you to your regularly scheduled programming."

The news broadcast hit Scott like a ton of bricks. He started to remember what he'd so conveniently forgotten: Vincent had died two weeks ago, mauled on the night shift. He'd already been buried, in a nice plot near a forest. And Scott had been grieving for a while. But now, he suspected he'd gone into an emotionally protective state, denying that Vincent was even dead, putting himself into a comfortable fantasy.

There would be no Vincent joining him for Christmas this year.

Tears spilling over his eyes, Scott picked up his gift from beneath the tree and walked out with it. Forget coats and scarves and hats, he needed to do this. The cemetery was only a block away, and when he reached it he pushed past the black fence and went for the back plots.

After quite a bit of scanning, he came upon Vincent's tombstone. He sat down, leaning back against it.

"You can't hear me, can you?" Scott chuckled to himself. "Of course you can't, that's ridiculous... besides, you can't really hear me six feet underground, you know. But, I dunno... this helps." He sniffled, setting the gift next to the grave. "... I-I got something for you. Something I should've given you a lot sooner. It's late, but... it still means a lot to me. I wish I could've said everything I said before, but I forgot it all... I seem to forget a lot these days... I hope wherever you are, you get this gift and think of me."

Scott fell asleep there before he even found himself dozing off. And when he awoke, the present was gone. Someone could've stolen it or thrown it out, but... no. It had to be Vincent. He could feel it.

Inside that gift box was a beautiful golden ring.