"Delivery Person" AU #1

Vincent sat alone in his apartment, spinning idly in a chair. There was nothing to do. He'd exhausted all his video games, and the TV showed a news report of the same boring violence and crime. There was only one thing left to do when bored out of your mind: eat.

He rolled over to his computer and opened up the website for the nearest local pizza place. It was good that they had a website, he was way too busy to get up and go... outside. He shuddered at the very thought of it. All that grass, and sun, and... people. Disgusting. He clicked the "order" button and typed in his order. One large pizza... cheesy crust... extra sausage... and, of course, breadsticks and garlic dip. Below that, there was a box with the title "Special Requests". Special requests... well, Vincent couldn't think of anything else he needed. But he was bored, and he wanted to have a little fun.

"Send the cutest deliveryman you have."

And, sent! He watched the door from then on, bored, his stomach complaining loudly about the wait.

Finally, the doorbell rang, and he ran over and open the door. Finally, he thought. He looked the man delivering the pizza, glancing from his short brown hair to his hazel eyes to his muscles and downwards. Not bad.

He took the pizza with a smile. "How much do I owe you?"

"11.50 and a tip. Oh, and, um, sorry about the request... I was the only one delivering tonight."

The request! He'd almost forgotten. "Well, they still got my request right." Did he really just say that?

The pizza delivery man lit up like a Christmas light at Vincent's words. "O-oh... heh. Well, that's nice. I guess the customer is always right..."

He figured he'd just go with it now. "I'm sure I am. I figure since you're the only one it's a pretty slow day, hm?"

"Yep... we're just a small pizzeria, so we don't get too many orders."

"Well, I need someone to eat this with... I don't suppose you could stay?"

"... I-I definitely could! Thanks! I'm starving anyways... I-I hope you don't mind, I'll probably eat half of that thing." Scott came in and plopped down on the couch, taking off his jacket and hat. Vincent sat next to him, still in his pajamas but not caring.

"You are cute, you know."

"O-oh?" Scott took a bite. "Well, fanks, you too... wha's yer name?" He swallowed.

"Vincent. But if you'd like to, I'd be fine being called your boyfriend..." He picked up a slice of pizza. "... but maybe that's just a little too cheesy."