"Cab Driver" AU #1?

Scott sat in his bright yellow cab, drumming his fingers against the steering wheel. Spring break had just concluded, meaning it was a busy few weeks at the airport. He didn't necessarily like being tied down by his job to this city and not being able to vacation, but as long as it got him through college, it was worth it.

He felt a rush of air behind his back as the door opened and closed, and saw yet another college student plop down into his backseat, arms full of luggage. This one, however, was... different than the others he'd seen. The others had the same college-boy haircut, sunkissed skin, and a girl or two on their arm. This one had bags under his slightly bloodshot eyes and long, shaggy purple hair. He looked too bundled up for the spring.

"Um... where to?"

"I don't care. Anywhere but here."

Scott turned back and started driving. It was part of his job to talk to his passengers, but for some reason, he was tongue tied. He cleared his throat, mustered up his courage, and said "How was your spring break?" The man in the back seat started sobbing. Scott reached a hand back out of instinct. "Hey, uh... s-sorry..." The purple man took that hand. "It's fine... I just..."
He sniffled.

"Hey... y-you can tell me, alright? Tell ya what, I'll drive you to my apartment and we can talk there. I mean, if you want..."

"That'd be lovely. Especially since I, uh, don't have anywhere to stay tonight... or any nights..."

Scott drove like that, head down in silence, one hand back, grasping this stranger's fingertips. As they pulled into a parking garage, Scott's heart skipped a beat as he analyzed his questionable situation.

He was bringing a stranger into his apartment. The stranger was upset, cute, and holding his hand, but was still just that- a stranger. He got out and opened the taxi's backseat door.

"H-how much do I owe you?" The violet-haired man dug through his pockets before Scott held up a hand. "I'll take care of it. Don't worry."

In a short while, they were both sitting in Scott's apartment, on the same brown couch. Scott had learned that the man's name was Vincent. He'd also learned that Vincent's boyfriend had gone on spring break with him and broke up with him on the first day. They were sharing a hotel room, but his boyfriend kicked him out. He was kicked out of their shared apartment as well.

"G-geez, I'm... I'm so sorry." Scott took an awkward sip from his cup of water. Vincent clung to his left arm, sobbing. "... you can, um... you can live with me."

Vincent looked up at him, surprised. "R-really?"

"Yeah, really. And, uh, we don't have to date or anything, but, I mean, if you want to..."

Vincent kissed his cheek, quickly and almost shyly. "As long as you're not like my last boyfriend... I'd love to."