"?????????" AU #5

Vincent glanced in the mirror in his apartment. He had his hair tied back in a little teddy-bear ribbon, and wore a purple shirt and matching shorts with rainbow suspenders. Just another day in the life of a Fazbear worker!

He walked out into the hallway, going over to the elevator, like usual. A coworker was in this building, and he always picked this coworker up to drive him to work, as they had no car. His name was Scott, and he was a night guard like Vincent.

There was a certain... difference of views, if you will. While Scott (and his girlfriend) were both God-fearing Catholics, Vincent was pretty liberal about it all. He figured God had better things to do than worry about a gay man with purple hair... say, starving kids in Africa?

As the elevator came down for him, he saw that it had another occupant: none other than Scott's girlfriend. Oh boy, his favorite. He walked in and leaned back on the elevator wall.

"Hello," he said, with as much politeness as he could muster.

"God hates fags." was her reply.

And though Vincent had never prayed in his life, he prayed now that the elevator didn't get stuck on the way down to Scott's floor.

Thank the Lord, it didn't, and he got out as Scott's girlfriend stayed and descended. He went up and knocked on Scott's apartment door, 212, and the door opened to a familiar face. Scott smiled, ruffling up his hair.

"Nice suspenders."

Vincent chuckled. "Hey, you have to wear them too."

Vincent sat on the couch and looked at the clock. The restaurant was a five minute drive, leaving them about forty minutes until they had to leave. Scott plopped down next to him. "You know..."

"Hm?"

"... I've been thinking some, Vincent. I broke up with my girlfriend yesterday, and--"

"You broke up with her? Why?"

"... I didn't feel right. She could tell, I could tell. We weren't right for each other."

"... you must be really upset." Stupid. Of course Scott was upset! Oh, why had he said that...?

"Yeah, a little... but, I'm more happy, than anything. I was living a lie, but... Vincent, I'm ready to be who I am... if you'd be willing to help me."

"What do you--?" Vincent felt a warm hand on his thigh, and another one cupping the side of his face. "... o-oh. But, er, Scott... aren't you... you know...?"

"Christian? Yes. But I don't think even He could be mad at me being who I am with you. But imagine all the people who were like my girlfriend... how mad do you think they'd be if I did this?" And Scott pulled him into a long-desired, long-awaited kiss.

Vincent let himself fall back onto the couch, his heart doing a backflip of glee. Rainbows and ribbon made a happy pattern on the floor. The seconds ticked by, totally ignored. They were both over the moon. And they could both agree that just being was more important than working. Being together. And being themselves.