"The fire alarm went off at 3 am" AU

"Okay, Vincent." I mumbled to myself. "Just one more cup of coffee. Then bed." Coffee might be counterproductive to trying to go to sleep, but I didn't care. It was good, and it wasn't like I had anything better to do besides play that game. You know the one. The girl literally shoots arrows while doing front flips but the camera constantly pans in on her breasts. You wouldn't zoom in on some random male protagonist's bulge, would you? And furthermore...

See. These are the kinds of things I think of at 3 a.m. I ramble at 3 a.m. If I met a cute guy at 3 a.m., I would have absolutely no chance with him whatsoever. I'd probably spend an hour ranting about how unfair it was that Chuck E. Cheese replaced the Rock Afire Explosion, and he'd back away slowly and I'd just keep on going. This is another thing I like to do at 3 a.m. Create scenarios with hot guys in them. Usually they work out in my favor, though.

Cup of coffee in my hand (was I rambling that whole time? I don't remember making this), I slowly walked to bed. I was already in my pajamas, due to many failed attempts at going to sleep, and just as I settled into the blankets and laid my head on the pillow...

... the fire alarm went off.

The jarring noise snapped me out of my dazed state, and I grabbed for whatever I could find, which happened to be my lukewarm coffee. It spilled all over my sleeve, but I didn't care too much. There was a fire, and that's what I was most worried about. I picked up my coat, accidentally grabbing a few blankets with it, and ran out and down the fire exit.

Already I could see it was snowing. That meant it was either the real deal, or some jerk's cruel idea of a joke. I hit the ground hard (the exit ladder was a bit short), landing in puffy white snow. I then ran towards some more people, hoping they'd know what was going on. Then, on the outside of the group, I saw probably the most unfortunate man of us all.

He was standing outside in his boxers, a wet towel wrapped around his shoulders and thrown hastily over his wet hair. He was shivering, and didn't even have shoes on. I figured he'd had to be taking a shower when the alarm went off, but who takes a shower at three in the morning?

... who am I to talk, I make coffee at three in the morning.

"Hey... are you... are you cold?" I held out one of my blankets. He looked at me, growling a little. "Of course I'm cold!" I took a step back, retracting my hand just a bit, but he took the warm blanket and pressed it to his face before wrapping it around him. "I'm sorry, I've had a really long day and this alarm isn't helping..."

I nodded and, not knowing what else to do, hugged him, wrapping blankets around us both. This was one scenario with a hot guy that I'd never imagined. He relaxed into the hug, slouching a bit to get his shoulders under the blankets, as he was quite a bit taller than me. His shivering slowly faded, and we just stood there, sharing body heat between coffee-stained blankets.

I didn't remember going inside, but we must have, as I woke up on an unfamiliar couch with the blankets I'd brought over me. I looked over at a door that was slightly ajar and smiled when I saw Scott there. Leaving my phone number and one blanket (for memory's sake) behind, I walked back to my dorm.