"Pokemon GO!" AU

It was early morning, and newlyweds Scott and Vincent were spending their morning like they did every morning- eating breakfast and catching Pokemon. They'd gotten each other addicted to the game, and now it was one of their favorite pastimes.

"Hey, hold still, there's a Pidgey on your shoulder." Vincent stuck his tongue out as he flicked a Pokeball at it.

"Another one?" Scott chuckled. "Fine, fine." He paused with his fork halfway to his mouth, making a kissy face at his spouse. "You look cute when you're focused like that."

Vincent blushed, and ended up throwing the ball three inches to the right of the ubiquitous bird. "Shut up..." He finally nabbed the thing and put his phone back down on the table. "We going out today?"

"Of course."

"Like, date-going-out, or Pokemon-going-out?"

"Hm... a little of both."

"Can't you be a little more romantic?" Vincent sighed and playfully rolled his eyes. Scott stood up, came behind his husband, and picked him up bridal-style.

"I can think of nothing more romantic than hunting for a Pikachu with the love of my life~"

Vincent blushed and swatted at him. "Oh, stop~"

The two walked out, hand in hand, phones in hand, scanning the screen. "Hey, I didn't know the park down the street was a gym..."

"It is?"

"Apparently."

They looked at each other, then sped down, each coming up with their own plan. Even though most of what they had was Pidgeots and Ratticates and the like, they knew they could win this for the both of them.

And yes, they were huge nerds, why do you ask?

"H-here!" Vincent panted as he selected his team.

"Dang..." Scott fell to his knees on the grass. "You're too fast for me." He flopped back. "Go Vinceeeent..."

"It doesn't matter who gets here first." Vincent stuck his tongue out. "We're on the same team, right?"

"Right, right..." He shoved his lover from below. "But my Pidgeot is stronger."

"You wish."

Scott watched on his phone as the previously yellow Gym marker fell, layer by layer. He couldn't contain his excitement when it came back up blue... wait, blue?

Blue?

"Hey, Vincent, someone must have nabbed the gym before you." Scott chuckled. "It turned blue."

"Hmm, nope, that's my Pidgeot, alright... wait, you're not on Mystic?"

"I'm on Valor... I thought you were..."

There was silence, then they both burst out laughing.

"O-oh my god... you're on Valor... you're so stuck up!"

"Well..." Scott tried to catch his breath from the laughing. "Well you're on Mystic, with the frozen chicken!"

They both kept laughing until their chests hurt and they were coughing.

"Oh, man, this is divorce-worthy..." Vincent stuck his tongue out again, playfully. "Because Mystic is the best and you know it!"

Scott pulled him to the ground with him by his ankle. "Team Valor!"

<< Sorry this one was sorta short and quick, I just love Pokemon GO and I really wanted to release this while I work on the original stories which will take longer! I hope you liked it anyway! >>