"Our dorm building has a 'no pets' rule hurry hide my cat" AU

Scott was nearly asleep when he heard the frantic knocking on the door of his dorm room. He sighed. If this was the freaking girl down the hall again...

But it wasn't. It was a short man with dark purple hair, who was holding a black kitten in his arms. "The RA is searching my room. Hide my cat."

He knew all too well about the 'no pets' rule, which nobody here really followed. But every time the RA did a search, people would run back and forth, cashing in favors and stashing pets. He never thought he'd have to hide anyone's cat, but here he was.

"Sure. C'mon in."

He crashed down on Scott's unmade bed, cuddling the cat. "Thanks. You're our savior." Scott walked over, scratching the cat under the chin. "He's so cute... what's his name?"

"......... Neil Cat-rick Harris." Scott bit his lip to keep back a laugh, then reached under the bed to pull out a tiny, mewing calico cat.

"This is Cleocatra."

Vincent laughed as well, and soon they were just sitting together on Scott's bed, blankets bunched around them, making cat puns.

"Your cat is almost as cute as you, you know that?" Vincent purred out the words as if he was a cat himself.

"I-I am?" Scott, meanwhile, stuttered, his face red.

"Of course." Vincent laid back on the bed, and Scott couldn't tell if he was trying to be mischievous or not.

"... well..." He took a deep breath. "If my cat likes you, then I do too."