"Scared of thunderstorms" AU

It was a dark and stormy night. Outside the unassuming apartment complex, lightning tore through the grey clouds as thunder rumbled in the background.

"Hey Vin?" Scott yelled across their apartment, bowl of popcorn in hand. Tonight was supposed to be their movie night, like almost every other Friday night. "What do you want on the popcorn?"

The house rattled, thunder being the only noise as Scott once again didn't get a response. "Viiiiiin? I'm gonna put butter on it..." Scott knew Vincent hated butter on popcorn, insisting it belonged on toast, nor popcorn. But before he managed to even get the butter into the microwave, his worry consumed him.

He set the unseasoned popcorn down, microwave door still ajar, and searched the dark house for his lover. He slowly opened the bedroom door, thunder serving as a suspenseful soundtrack. "Vincent? You in here?" The silent, shaking lump beneath the covers served as the answer. He sat down and lifted the covers to reveal a crying Vincent.

"Vince, what's wrong?"

"S-S-S-Scotty..." Vincent hugged the other man tightly, sniffling.

"... are you scared of storms?" Vincent nodded quickly. "Aww... it's okay, Scotty's here..." He ran his hand up and down the other man's back. "You still wanna watch a movie?"

"N-no... I-I-I wanna stay here..."

Scott laid back so he was on a pillow, bringing Vincent down with him and holding him close, legs intertwining, arms wrapped around each other. "Then we'll stay right here, together." He pulled the blankets over them.