Chapter Thirteen

*The Following Week*

*Dr. Edward Richtofen's P.O.V*
we never got to do the cooking challenge that day. I was bound to win anyway from me and savannah's time we spent that day.  It was Friday October 30th. While Savannah was at work, I drove her hummer to the mall with Tank Dempsey and Albert Arlington. Tomorrow night was Savannahs Halloween party.
She had very peculiar rules about the party.
1. No drugs
2. No zombie costumes
3. No police costumes
4. Alcoholic beverages are allowed but be warned about vodka...
We sat in the hummer as I parked the large black vehicle. We reread the paper several times. I already have a costume in mind but that's not why I'm here.... I plan to buy a ring and propose tomorrow night at the party. I asked for money so I can get the men costumes and food and she gave me her credit card.... I remember when I first saw one...
-flashback-
" I need to bother money to buy some clothes..." I asked her and looked at her. She was still in our bed. "Eddy get my wallet from the table on my side." She moaned and turned to face my side of the bed. I got up and walked to the side table and grabbed the purple camouflage wallet. I handed it to her and she opened it and handed me the plastic card. I looked the card over carefully and was amazed. "So zhere is money inside zhe card?" I asked her curiously. "Liebe I will explain later... Right now let me sleep." She murmured and turned over, adjusted the covers and yawned.

-end of flashback-
"Richtofen! Let's go!" Dempsey shouted which startled me out of my thoughts. I got out of the hummer and shut the drivers door and stood waiting while Albert and tank got out. Once they were out, I locked the door and started walking to the doors of the mall. The doors opened automatically and we were amazed. "Vow... Vell ve must stick togezher because I have zhe money so... I suppose ve get our costumes first zhen I vill get zhe ring..." The other two men nodded in agreement and we looked at the map before walking in the direction of the costume store. We walked past several shops and watched mothers, fathers, children, teens, couples and more walking around the crowded stores with assorted bags in their hands. I sighed and got lost in my thoughts about what ring to buy her. We stopped at the store before going in. The sign read Hal's Spooky Shop in big bloody letters that looked carved into a piece of driftwood. "Vell gentlemen, let zhe shopping begin!" I shouted and laughed maniacally which gained strange looks from some patrons at the store. Tank, Albert, and I walked to the men's isle. I picked out a Jason costume because Savannah said she wanted to match since she was going to be Miss Freddy Krueger. I had no idea who these people were but I went along with it. I watched tank pick up a vampire costume and head to the dressing room. Albert was still deciding between a werewolf costume and a Frankenstein costume. "Try both of zhem on and see vhich one you like." I spoke to him which earned a nod. I walked to the dressing room with my costume and saw Dempsey in his vampire costume looking at himself in the mirror. "It suits you Dempshey.... You know vhy?... Because you sucked zhe life from me vhen ve vere back on zhe moon." I chuckled and he rolled his eyes. "Whatever... I'm getting it kraut." He turned and walked back into the room he was in and I walked into a new room. I tried on my costume after stripping my clothes off. Once I had the costume on I walked out into the hallway with the mirrors and looked at myself through the hockey mask and I laughed. Perfect!! I thought to myself and went back into the dressing room to get my regular clothes on. When I came out dressed again, Albert had the werewolf costume on and tried to scare me. I slapped him with the fake knife that comes with my costume and he barked. "Dammit! I thought I had you!" He goes back into the changing room. I carried the costume bag to where tank was standing, waiting for us so we can pay and leave. Albert finally came out with his regular clothes on and his costume bag in his hand. We walked up to the cash register and we put our costumes up on the counter. "That will be 72 dollars and 15 cents." I slid the card through the slot and typed in the numbers. The cashier put our costumes in plastic bags and handed the bag to me. I put the card away and we walked out. "Okay now to zhe ring st...." I was interrupted by albert yelling. "Hey when are we going to get some grub? I'm starving here." I sighed and face palmed. "I suppose you two can go to zhe food court vhile I get zhe engagement ring." The two men nodded. We walked our separate ways.

*Tank's P.O.V*
I never thought Richtofen would be the guy to settle down with a women... To be honest I thought he was homosexual... The way he talks but I guess its from his german accent. I laughed and sighed. "Hey al... What do you want to eat?..."
"Hmm... I guess burger king? " the smaller man looks at me for approval and we go to burger king. We ordered a our food and sat down. I couldn't help but notice that the gangster was a bit distracted. "Hey... Is there something on your mind?" I asked trying not to sound weird. "Hmm... I don't know its just... I met this girl and I don't know... I've been thinking about her a lot." The man says lowly and looks around. " hey, your secret is safe with me... What is she like? Where did you meet her?" I asked and looked into his blue and green eyes trying to read him. "I met her at the grocery store. Her name is Lindsey... She has long dark curls that dance down her beautiful tan skin and she has this smile.... That lights up the world." He blushed as he described her.

*Albert's P.O.V*
I blushed bright red and sighed in deep thought. "She's amazing..." I spoke. Tank shakes his head. " okay romeo.. I understand. Here comes the food. The waiter that was working at the counter brings our food and drinks and sets it on the table. We paid the bill with paper money before we started eating.

*Richtofen's P.O.V*
I picked out the ring that I was going to give her and I walked back to the food court and seen that the two men were having a conversation. I walked very slow to give them time to finish and they did. "Hallo. Its time to go..." I spoke up and the men stood up and balled up their trash into a ball and shoved it into the trashcan before leaving the mall to go to the hummer.
I unlocked the car and got into the drivers seat and shut the door and buckled my seat belt.  We drove back to the house and I hidden the ring in a place Savannah wouldn't look and I smiled to myself.

*Saturday Night, Savannah's P.O.V*
I watched my guests dance and have a good time while I drank some water in the corner.
Edward seemed to notice me and walked over towards me. " hey Savannah... Are you okay?... " he asked me and I nodded. "Gute... There is somezhing I vanted to ask you." He says as he walks over to the DJ and turns the music off to get everyone's attention. "Savannah. Please come over here." He speaks into the microphone and I oblige to his command. "Savannah in zhe amount of time zhat I've known you, you seise to impress me vith your kindness and generosity. You have melted mein ice cold heart into the beating warm heart zhat I have today... Please do me zhe honor and becoming mein wife..."
I wanted to answer but I felt sick to my stomach and I was extremely thirsty. I gagged and rushed to the bathroom. I had to urinate so badly... And I had to empty my stomach contents which was only some grapes that I ate earlier. "Savannah?... Are you okay?" Edward asked on the other side of the door. " edward I need to go to the hospital...." I muttered and laid on the floor. My face was white as a sheet and I was so sleepy. "Someone call 911!" I heard him shout as he bursted through my bathroom door. "I'm right here mein liebe please don't leave me...." He pleaded. I heard sirens pull up and the paramedics come in to pick me up. They checked my blood sugar and said it was dangerously high. "Edward?.." I called out as I was being put on the stretcher. "Ja mein liebe?" He responded and grabbed my hand. "I want to get married to you..." I spoke and he kissed me and slipped the ring on my finger and walked with me out to the ambulance and rode with me the whole way.
*to be continued...*