Chapter 3

I heard voices as I slowly regained consciousness.

"Ratchet, what are we gonna do? I mean, you ran her over!"

"It's not my fault she was standing in the middle of the road!"

"But still. Should we take her to Optimus?"

"Miko, are you kidding? She's still knocked out; our best bet would be to take her to my mom. I mean, she is a bit scraped up."

"Okay, so are we going in the Doc-bot or in your car?"

Doc-bot?

"Don't call me that, Miko."

"In the car. Hopefully she won't wake up-"

Whoever was speaking was interrupted when I sat up and opened my eyes. I covered my mouth in shock when I saw a giant robot in front of me, but was there only for a second before there was an ambulance in its place. My eyes widened, and I blinked several times, just to make sure I wasn't dreaming or anything.

"Okay, now we definitely have to take her to Optimus," Miko muttered. "She knows."

"Great..." the ambulance suddenly said sarcastically, and I scooted away in shock. Whatever it was, it didn't seem too friendly. Jack offered a hand, and I took it, and I stayed behind him for protection. He chuckled.

"Cassidy, meet Ratchet. Ratchet, Cassidy," Miko introduced. I looked over Jack's shoulder to give it a small wave.

"Hmph," was the ambulance's reply.

"Just wait until you meet the others!" Miko said excitedly, pulling me out of my hiding spot behind Jack. I hid behind her, my eyes focused on the ambulance the entire time. She shook her head.

"If we show her, she might hide behind one of us forever," Raf replied. I took a glance at the ambulance still sitting in the middle of the road, before its front wheels turned in my direction. I hid behind Miko again, before I saw my notebook lying on the asphalt. I went to go pick it up, before noticing my arm, which was pretty scraped up. I reached for my pencil, before realizing it must've fallen off my ear. I ran back behind Miko, before flipping through my notebook and showing her.

What's going on?

"Uh, you got ran over. By the Doc-Bot."

"I told you not to call me that!" the ambulance immediately replied, which made me duck behind Miko again.

"And you can tell her she doesn't need to hide, I'm not going to kill her," the ambulance called. "That's the Decepticons' job."

I didn't budge, before I realized that's what Miko had been talking about.

"Just give me the answers before we all have to end up in a museum with Decepti-ow!"

Decepticons.

"Not helping, Ratchet," Jack seethed.

"Just get in; we're taking her to the base. And there's a first-aid kit in the back."

We piled in the front. It was a tight squeeze, but we managed to fit. This thing was obviously alive, and it felt weird to be riding inside it, but the others didn't seem to care. I looked to Raf, making do with my notebook.

What's your name?

Before he could answer, I pointed to the dashboard.

"Oh. Ratchet."

"What?"

"Nothing... she just wanted to know your name again," Raf replied.

"Well, it's what Raf said. I wasn't paying much attention to Miko's introduction, so what's your name?"