Chapter 11

Cassidy's P.O.V.

I honestly didn't think that would be as fun as it did.

Skillet is pretty cool.

And Miko is amazing on that guitar.

But being a band was still out of the question.

I smiled to myself, before having to scoot down the couch quickly so I wouldn't be sat on by Miko.

"Dude! That was awesome!" She said, practically breathless as she plopped down next to me.

"I pretty much did nothing," Raf shrugged. "It was pretty cool though."

Miko looked over at Jack, and chewed her lip in thought as she made a small 'box' with her two thumbs and index fingers, much like you would see artists do.

"Uh, Miko, what're you doing?"

"Trying to decide if you should wear a black vest against a white T-shirt with Dark blue jeans or a blue and black tie and a vest against a black T-shirt with black jeans," Miko muttered, squinting her eyes.

"Hey," Jack warned. "I'm not John Cooper."

Miko shrugged, taking her guitar and softly plucking another melody.

I smiled again, shaking my head as I reached for notebook.

You guys are hopeless.

"We know," Miko replied with a smile. I let out a sharp exhale, the closest thing to a laugh I could get.

When I looked around for Ratchet, I noticed he was staring at something. I turned to look, and realized Ratchet had been staring at Optimus, who in return had been staring at me. I got off the couch and over to the edge of the catwalk, notebook in hand.

Can I help you?

Optimus nodded, vaguely gesturing to his medical berth. I walked down the catwalk and over to said berth, and cautiously climbed up.

"How has Ratchet been treating you thus far?" Optimus asked quietly, and Ratchet raised an optic ridge. No one else seemed to really notice this; Bumblebee had gone over to Raf and the others to watch them play video games, and Arcee and Bulkhead were just talking in a corner.

I fumbled with my pencil for a few seconds before remembering I couldn't write with the eraser.

So far? Well, it's only been two and a half days, really...I can't say he's good or bad just by that. Why?

"He can be...difficult...sometimes," Optimus simply replied. I half-shrugged and half-nodded in agreement.

"Ratchet was a researcher and a doctor in Iacon before the war-"

"Okay, Optimus, I think it's time you take a break and rest for a while," Ratchet butted in, suddenly appearing next to him. Optimus frowned, giving Ratchet a look, which Ratchet retuned. The two started speaking in an unknown language, which I presumed was their own they used on Cybertron.

Eventually, Ratchet returned to English.

"Recharge, Optimus. You really shouldn't be sitting up right now. Megatron really did a number on you."

Optimus frowned, but did as he was told, lying down on the berth after I was back down on the ground. Ratchet's faceplate was emotionless as he watched Optimus power down, and he checked his vitals again before turning to the monitor. I went up to the catwalk next to him and got his attention once I wrote down something.