Chapter 13

A week passed.

Nothing eventful had happened. I barely managed to keep Lillian from knowing about the existence of the Autobots, and Optimus was getting better, slowly but surely. He was up and moving around, even though Ratchet didn't approve of it. Part of his memory was still lost, though.

Ratchet and I didn't really change. He still called me charge, and Miko gave up about the idea of us "together", after bringing her toaster to the base one time and pretending to date it, driving us all crazy.

I realized something, that if I wanted to keep my little sister from figuring out the truth, I couldn't expect her to ignore the fact I hung out with an ambulance practically every day. She is seven, and she also asks way too many questions. Living with her was no picnic, and it wasn't any better when I had a two-story tall secret to keep from her.

I looked over at Ratchet, who was working at his monitor, per usual. I exhaled, getting up from the couch and the others, and walked over to him. He was busy typing, and I waited for him to finish whatever he was doing before getting his attention.

A few minutes later he looked at me, and I showed him a question that I always felt ridiculous for "asking".

May I talk to you?

Ratchet raised an optic ridge, but nodded.

"What is it?"

I turned to a page, where I had already written my answer to that question to save time.

I've decided that I want to leave Team Prime. I can't keep up lying from my sister much longer, and she'd stop asking questions that would reveal your guys' secret if I just never came to the base or got picked up by you or the others.

I tried reading Ratchet's expression, but couldn't. It was blank.

"Okay," he simply replied with a nod. I smiled slightly, scratching the back of my head awkwardly.

Well, of course he wouldn't be upset. He doesn't like me anyway, so this is good to him.

I exhaled softly, watching Ratchet turn back to his monitor, and just walked back to the couch and watched Miko and Jack face off in video game as Raf was looking for any pictures to scrub from conspiracy websites.

I was going to miss them.

Well, yeah, I'd see them at school and all, but they'd be with the 'bots a lot more. I'm not sure I should tell them I was leaving, anyway. Miko would probably annoy me until I changed my mind, and I wanted to hold that off until I couldn't any longer.

Ratchet's P.O.V.

Leaving?

She can't.

I mean, yeah, it's great for me. After today, I'm charge-less. But the 'cons know she's an ally. If they find her, and no one's around to protect her...

Stop it, Ratchet. She made her decision, leave it at that. Look at the bright side!

I frowned to myself, still thinking about the 'cons rather than the bright side.

Yeah, okay, maybe I cared a little. I'll let myself admit that much.

I found myself not able to focus on my work, and I walked over to Optimus, who, when he saw me, immediately started heading back to his berth, knowing I would scold him for being up when he shouldn't.

"Optimus, wait, I'm not going to yell at you or anything," I sighed, but Optimus went to go sit down anyway.

"What is it, Ratchet?" Optimus asked, and I sat down next to him.

"My charge is leaving. She's afraid of her younger sister knowing about us," I told the Prime, who had no emotion evident on his faceplate.

"The Decepticons know she's allied with us, which is why I'm worried. If they didn't know; I would've taken her home already and get it over and done with," I muttered.

"We can respect her decision, but we most certainly can have Miko keep an eye out," Optimus suggested. I nodded with a sigh, getting up from the berth.

"And Optimus? Don't get up," I warned, giving him a threatening look as I glanced at the injury. It was healing well.

Optimus nodded once in reply.

**

I transformed into my alt. mode, waiting for my charge to get in. She was waving bye to the kids, and I didn't bother to try and rush her. She smiled at Optimus, who had been looking at her before getting in, and I let her buckle her seatbelt before driving off.

The ride was silent, as our rides normally were, but this time I wanted to say something, I just didn't know what.

I slowly pulled up to her residence, probably for the last time.

"So...this is it. Uh...good luck?" I finally said, and mentally kicked myself in the helm for my word choice. My charge only smiled, writing something down and holding it in front of my side mirror.

Goodbye, Ratchet.

"Goodbye, Charge...Cassidy."

She flashed me a smile before getting out and walking to her house.

I sped off before I saw her go in.

~~~

Call me a loser, call me emotional, call me sensitive, call me whatever ya want, but I cried.

IDK why.

Oh...and look. Doc-Bot is actually caring! :)

Oh, and if you're confused, Cassidy just left. Simple as that (The book isn't over or anything).

This had to be the shortest chappy I've ever written in this book. :P

Thank you to everyone who PM'd me for the question last chapter and answered it! It really helped. :)

(No, seriously, it did...it'll come in effect later.)

And those people were:

autobotsrule

Stormthebot

and the O-wise-Ninja_Prime ( ;) )

Thanks! :D

-Bumblemus_Prime

*disappears*