Chapter 25

What was I going to tell my parents?

I mulled over the question as I sat in my hospital bed, staring at the ceiling. The nurses had wrapped my arm in a bandage after I took a shower, and I was feeling a lot better physically. Mentally, the question of how I'd explain to my parents me in the hospital with a burned arm plus the trauma of having your former guardian harm you were weighing me down heavily. I didn't want to sleep, or close my eyes, because when I did, I saw those purple optics still. I shivered just thinking about them, and quickly tried to think about sunshine and rainbows, until I remembered rainbows had the color purple in them, and I would remember all over again.

I found myself banging my head on the small table that fit above my bed, and I stopped before I gave myself a headache.

"You okay?" I heard a voice ask from the doorway, and I looked up to see Lillian, staring at me with her big brown eyes. I nodded, before patting a spot on the bed, telling her to sit.

She did, tucking a piece of hair behind her ear.

"How's Mom and Dad?" I signed, and she looked up for a few seconds.

"They woke up, and Miss Darby talked to them. She made up an excuse for you, so you don't have to worry about it."

"What was it?"

"Something along the lines of 'you burned yourself accidentally when reaching into the oven because you baked cookies'. I don't know exactly," she shrugged, and I smiled.

"Good enough for me."

"Cassidy?"

I looked at her, giving her my full attention.

"Are you gonna tell Mom and Dad?"

I shook my head.

"If I did, they'd flip and probably dismantle Ratchet. Or, try to."

She laughed a little, looking away. She stared at the floor for a few seconds.

"Raf told me you left because of me."

I nodded even though she couldn't see me.

"Well...now that I know...are you gonna come back?"

It was my turn to look away. That was another question I had been wondering about, one that I didn't have an answer to. I simply shrugged, playing with my bedsheets.

Could I go back? I know Ratchet is sorry for what he did, and I know I can forgive him...

"I...don't know," I replied eventually. Lillian only nodded, before hugging me again, and that was when Jack, Miko, and Raf walked in.

"Hey Cass." Miko smiled, and I let the shortened name slide and waved back, reaching for my notebook that was on the table next to me. Nurse Darby had gotten it for me earlier.

What brings you here?

"We just wanted to check in," Jack replied.

"Also...Ratchet's been worried," Raf added quietly.

I cocked my head to the side as if I was asking "really?" without saying it.

"Yeah. You should see him, he'll either be pacing or he's sitting on a berth somewhere holding his helm in his servos," Miko said seriously. I raised my eyebrows in surprise, not expecting that kind of behavior from Ratchet. I reached for a pencil and started writing.

"I take it the dark energon was removed from his system?"

"Optimus and Arcee pretty much took care of it. They did the same thing they did to Raf when he-oops," Miko cut herself off, and I furrowed my eyebrows together.

"What?"

Raf sighed. "When the weather was all crazy and Unicron was awakening, Bee and I were going to go racing, when Megatron sort of...dropped by...and shot a blast of Dark Energon at us. I was hit. Ratchet counter-acted the dark energon with actual energon to save me."

I slowly nodded. I hadn't been told this before, but if Raf was around now, he was okay.

"Anyway, Ratchet was pretty much monitored the first few hours after they healed him, just in case, and he apologized to everyone. Nobody could really blame him, though," Miko continued. I shook my head.

"It wasn't his fault."

GENERAL P.O.V.

It's all my fault.

Ratchet shook his helm.

No, it's not. It's not, and you know that.

But it was my welder.

He sighed in exasperation, placing his helm in his servo again. Optimus had come up to him before and asked if he wanted to talk, but Ratchet turned him down. Optimus had known Ratchet wasn't in the mood and had since left the medic alone. Ratchet knew Arcee must've been watching him somewhere in the room for monitoring, but he was thankful that she'd been keeping her mouth shut so far.

He stayed like that for a while, just thinking over everything, until he heard Bulkhead drive in, and the three kids got out, and Ratchet looked at them expectantly.

"Well?"

"She's alive, she's okay, her arm will heal," Jack replied. "And she doesn't blame you."

Ratchet silently nodded, looking back down at the floor.

Once she got better and was out of the hospital, he had to go see her.

He had to.

~~~

Well hello there.

So some of you saw a post I made concerning a question.

Disregard that question.

I got my answer myself literally seconds after I posted it, so I had to delete it XD

And those of you who don't know what I'm talking about, don't worry about it.

Thanks for reading! You get a short chapter this time! XD

Bye now :D

*disappears*