Chapter 15

The next day went very slowly. I arrived at school when Miko did, and the first thing she started talking about was a "doom prophecy" of some sort that the 'bots told them. Jack caught up with us and filled in all the holes Miko skipped over when talking about it, and we met Raf at his locker, where he was able to recite it to me, which made me somewhat impressed that he memorized it. The entire day my thoughts were focused on the prophecy and what it meant. What was this "rising darkness"? The Decepticons? Megatron?

I walked to all my classes like a zombie, my mind still focused on the alignment and the prophecy. What would happen? Would Mr. F be wrong, and the world really was going to end? Were the conspiracies right?

I shook my head as I walked to my science class. I was seriously thinking conspiracies were right?

I entered the classroom, taking a seat next to Jack and tuned out the lesson Mr. F was teaching, my head on the desk. The words of the prophecy still swam around in my head.

47 spheres.

A world forged from chaos.

The weak shall perish.

Rising darkness.

A hand shook my shoulder rather hard, and I sat up immediately, seeing Jack was the one shaking me. I gave him a "what gives" look, before he gestured to the front, where Mr. F. was frowning at me.

"Cassidy, this is science class, not your personal nap time."

I felt myself blushing and nodded, pushing the prophecy to the back of my mind for the rest of the period.

Soon I could stop learning about black holes and what formed them, and I walked out with the others, seeing the 'bots already there and waiting for them. Miko offered to give me a ride again, which I declined again.

"Maybe you should return to the base. Who knows what could happen? It was confirmed; the alignment's in a few hours," Raf said to me. I looked at him for a minute, before shaking my head again. Going back would only make me want to stay permanently.

"Well, if you aren't coming...I...guess we'll see you tomorrow?" Jack replied, questioning himself. I nodded, walking off toward my house without "saying" goodbye. I had a math test tomorrow, and I had to study.

I eventually returned to my house soon, opening the garage door with the code and closing it again, seeing both of our cars were gone. I figured mom was out on another interview or running errands or something along those lines, and plopped down on a chair at the kitchen table, figuring I could do my homework there instead of my room.

I soon found I couldn't concentrate on what x equaled. Or y, or whatever the math problems wanted me to solve. The prophecy plagued my thoughts and wouldn't let me think about school.

I'd stared at my homework for a good hour, having no idea why I was obsessing over one little prophecy, when Lillian came home, entering through the garage like I did. I'm sure she greeted me; I probably didn't hear and/or respond.

She sat down in a chair across from me, working on whatever third-graders worked on as homework. She'd skipped a grade, which would explain why she was so curious and smart and nearly found out about Ratchet. Sometimes I wished she wasn't so observant.

When she finished her homework and I was still staring at my algebra expressions with my head in my hands, she gave me a curious look but didn't say anything, which I was secretly very happy about. Instead she packed up her stuff and headed upstairs, leaving me alone with my homework and thoughts.

47 spheres.

A world forged from chaos.

The weak shall perish.