Chapter 18

Ratchet's P.O.V.

I was driving down the streets of Jasper, with Nurse Darby at the wheel. It had been about a day or two before I decided to actually go visit my former charge, as I was focused more on restoring Optimus' memory than humoring Miko, who didn't seem to care at all. She would annoy me constantly about it, and it took all my self-control to not step on her the past few days.

The only reasons I had decided to go was because there had been no 'con activity the entire day, and Raf had offered (again) to keep an eye on things as I was out, notifying me of anything immediately as they came up. I called Nurse Darby, who agreed to use her break to "drive", and before I knew it, I was parking in front of Cassidy's residence.

"I'll be back, just stay here," Nurse Darby said, patting my dashboard for a second before getting out and walking to the front. I only sighed, hoping to get this over with. Miko would no doubt ask how it went when I got back.

June returned a few minutes later, my former charge behind her.

"Ratchet just wanted to talk to you for a few minutes," I heard Nurse Darby explain, and I adjusted my side mirror to look at Cassidy, who was staring at me with a blank expression. There was an awkward silence between the three of us, before Cassidy looked away, and Nurse Darby cleared her throat.

"Get in." she smiled, opening the passenger side door. Cassidy obeyed, staring at the Autobot signal on my steering wheel as June got in on the other side.

"Nurse Darby, do Cassidy's parental units know about this?" I asked, and June looked at the steering wheel.

"I smoothed it over with them. You two can talk as long as you need."

Cassidy wrote something before showing it to June, who took a second to read it. Since I was driving, she had the chance to do so. I managed to get a glimpse myself.

It's going to be a short conversation.

I sighed a little, following the direction of June, who would lead us somewhere where a talking ambulance wouldn't look weird.

"Ratchet, turn right here, and then you're there," she directed, pointing to a street. I would've frowned if I weren't in my vehicle mode.

Nurse Darby had led me to the same street I ran over Cassidy.

I hoped this was a coincidence.

I parked down the road, and the two got out, before Nurse Darby turned to the two of us.

"I'll be just down the road; I have some things to take care of myself. Call when you need me," she explained, before she walked off, leaving me with my former charge. I turned to look at her, but she was already writing in her notebook, scribbling away frantically. I just waited for her to finish and show me whatever she had to say.

Eventually she was done, and she read over what she wrote before flipping her notebook around and showing it to me via my side mirror.

I'm honestly surprised you came back to talk to a former charge.

So am I, I thought to myself before continuing to read.

But whether you did it because you wanted to, or someone made you, my answer's still the same. No, I'm not coming back.

"I figured as much." I sighed, and she closed her notebook slowly, while she looked at anything but me.

"Why do you care about your sister?" I suddenly asked without a second thought. She looked back at me, slightly confused.

Without a Word-a TFP Ratchet Guardian Fanfic (Completed)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara