Chapter 16

The wind was deafening, it was hard to hear the radio over it. Right now it was our only contact to the outside world and I was holding onto it-and my sister-like they were a lifeline, figuratively and literally. How long would this tornado last? An hour? Twenty four hours? I didn't know the average "life span" of a tornado. Sure, we studied them in school, but I always thought I'd never have to actually remember the stuff in case I was in one. But now, I stand corrected.

Lillian was holding my arm tightly, and I didn't object even though it was starting to hurt and my feet were falling asleep a little. I shifted a little, stretching my feet out in front of me and reaching over to the radio, which was filling with static and winding it up again. The only light we had was our flashlight and my phone, and I was saving that in case it was important.

The room was quiet, save for the soft, static-y filled chatter of the radio.

"More than sixty volcanoes are erupting worldwide, and downtown Honolulu is under six inches of snow. Scientists continue to devise theories connecting the unprecedented natural disasters with the planetary alignment, which-"

The broadcast was interrupted with a long droning beep before it just became a hissy static, and when the radio started to slow down and lose its connection, I didn't bother to try and rewind it. Eventually we were left with the loud, shrill sound of the wind again.

"...Do...do you want to play a g-game?" Lillian asked after a few seconds. They were the first words she'd spoken to me today. I nodded yes in the dark, and she seemed to be able to tell.

"Okay...what?"

I frowned a little, not knowing.

"We could-"

Lillian immediately stopped when the house started to shake a little more and she grabbed me tighter. The wind became louder; I assumed the tornado had gotten closer to us. I was afraid it would destroy our house, I was also afraid that my parents were stranded somewhere and hurt, or worse, maybe even the Autobots were hurt. Jack? Miko? Raf?

Ratchet?

I wondered what they were doing right now.

A few minutes passed before Lillian spoke again.

"...Truth or Dare?"

I shook my head, getting an idea she could ask about the ambulance.

"I spy?"

I spy something black, I thought to myself, staring at the pitch black room around us. Lillian seemed to have read my mind.

"Yeah, no, okay, that won't work..."

I smiled a little, squeezing her shoulder.

Ratchet's P.O.V.

I couldn't believe it.

A part of me wouldn't believe it.

Megatron was currently out with Optimus and the others, and aiding them? I had a really bad feeling about this, but we are facing our darkest hour, right now we were pretty much open to anything.

I saw Miko check her cell again; she'd checked it three times in the past ten minutes.

"Miko, you do know the base's shielding prevents a radio signal from coming through, right? Unless you're checking the time, your phone is of no use at the moment."

"You tinkered with the TV and our mobile devices so that our phones could receive radio waves from here, remember?" she asked, flipping her phone shut and staring up at me.