Chapter 24

Lillian's P.O.V.

Thirty minutes earlier

"They'll be okay...right?" I asked Miss Darby hesitantly. She nodded. "The human body is amazing at how well it can repair itself."

"When can they come home?"

"That's not for me to decide."

Miss Darby checked her phone, frowning a bit and started to type something as I looked back at my parents, who were unconscious at the moment. I was just happy they were alive.

"Lillian," Miss Darby suddenly whispered. "How would you feel if...we went somewhere?"

"Like where?" I asked, turning to face her.

"Somewhere secret? Somewhere you can't tell your friends about? Or your parents?"

I gave her a confused look.

"Can I tell Cassidy if we ever find her?"

"Cassidy already knows."

My mouth hung open in disbelief and shock.

"You don't have to come if you don't want to. It's been an eventful day for you and maybe you should get some res-"

"No, I'll go!"

"Lily, It might be...too much."

I shook my head, and Miss Darby sighed.

"I'll tell Jack we're on our way, then. You want to say goodbye?"

I looked back at my mom and bit my lip before silently shaking my head. Miss Darby placed a hand on my shoulder, and I gave her a small smile before walking off, toward the exit.

***

We were in the car and driving out of the town. I looked out the window nervously, what if Miss Darby was kidnapping me too? What if Cassidy was there, wherever we were going, what if I was going to get hurt, or what if I never saw the sky again?

I looked out in the front, suddenly realizing we were heading toward a cliff and we weren't stopping.

"Miss Darby-!"

I cut myself off as I saw that the wall opened up, leading into a hallway, and the car slowed down and came to a stop. Miss Darby got out and walked around to the other side and opened my door for me, and she noticed my concern.

"Lily we don't want to hurt you. We just want you to meet some...'people'."

I bit my lip and slowly got out, and looked around. My jaw dropped as I looked at four giant robots in front of me, and three humans were standing in front of them, and I saw that one of them was Jack.

I pinched my arm to make sure I wasn't dreaming. Miss Darby noticed and smiled, as the tallest of the robots slowly walked up and knelt down in front of me. I backed away, until I hit Miss Darby's car. The robot watched me the entire time.

"Are you alright?"

"Just...freaked out..." I replied quietly.

"Know that we have no intentions of hurting you here. You are safe."

"Do you have a name?" I asked timidly, and Miss Darby walked up next to me and placed a hand on my shoulder. The robot nodded.

"My name is Optimus Prime."

"So...what are you, exactly?"

"We are autonomous robotic organisms from the planet Cybertron, also known as Autobots."