Winter Break!

Third Person's POV

"Mr. Jackson." Percy heard.

Percy had just walked in to the cafe as the smell of coffee waved over him. He turned to see his English teacher sipping in front of a laptop. Percy gave him a curt smile as he pulled out his own chair.

It was the weekend before winter break. Everyone back home was packing and getting ready to head back to camp for the holidays.

"Mr. Riordan." Percy nodded. "And, Percy. Just Percy."

"Well. We're out of the school." Mr. Riordan said. "Percy. Call me Rick."

"Okay." Percy said. "Is there any particular reason you asked to meet me?"

Rick held his breath and hesitated a bit. He exhaled and started to speak.

"Can you keep a secret?" Rick asked.

"You have no idea." Percy said.

"I have suspicions. And I need your help." Rick said.

"Suspicions?" Percy stuttered.

"I think I've figured out the AOC." Rick said.

"Atta- hagaba- Wha-?" Percy said. "Um. AOC?"

"Army of Chaos." Rick said.

"I-" Percy said. "Elaborate. Please, enlighten me."

"Army of Chaos." Rick said. "First, like everyone thought, I too thought it meant chaos. Army of destruction or something like that."

"Then at the mall, they started talking in different languages." Rick said. "Then I thought, Italian, French, even Chinese and Latin, they're all quite common. But Greek. Greek is different. Greek is unique and Greek is, well-"

"I get it." Percy said.

"Then it clicked. Chaos isn't you know, chaos."

"No, I don't know." Percy laughed nervously.

"Chaos is the primordial." Rick said.

"No way." Percy's voice went up an octave. "How on earth did you figure that out?"

"Well. Like I said they speak Greek, and their cloaks have glowing Greek letters." Rick said as he turned his laptop around to show Percy the picture that was on the cover of every single newspaper in San Fransisco.

A picture of Percy.

Well, Alpha.

Percy bit his tongue and faked a smile. Thousands of swear word he'd learned from Frank, Jason, Piper, Nico, and Thalia in different languages went through his mind and flooded his thoughts.

"Oh well..." Percy said.

"I figured out what they are." Rick said.

"Really?" Percy asked.

"You can't tell anyone, but I had a chat with Beta." Rick said. "She said they were part human."

"Part human. Greek. The primordial god." Rick said. "I put all the pieces together."

"What do you think they are?" Percy said.

Percy had started a recording on his phone. He placed his phone glass side down and tried to look unsuspicious.

"Demigods." Rick said.

I'm screwed.

"Beta said they were half humans. And she said there were generations of them." Rick said. "With the Greek and all it just makes sense!"