Whatever Happens

Third Person's POV

"We're what?!" Annabeth voiced rang through the hallway, loud enough for everyone to hear.

"I thought you knew." Apollo said.

"Why on earth would I know?! How would I know?!" Annabeth yelled.

Percy sighed, and sat next to Annabeth, rubbing circles on her back. Thomas quickly help clean his dad's things up, before leaving Percy and Annabeth's bedroom.

"Usually the mother would know." Apollo said. "Increase in baby activity, increase on food intake-"

"Yeah, we thought that was just because the baby was ours." Percy said pointedly. "I eat everything, we both have ADHD-" He listed.

"Huh." Apollo said. "That actually makes a lot of sense."

"How long have you known?" Annabeth said, placing her hands on her stomach.

"Second month?" Apollo guessed. "Usually a bit early on, I figure at least Nico would've told you."

"No, Apollo." Annabeth said darkly. "No one told us we were having twins."

Apollo pursed his lips and avoided eye contact.

"Okay. Here's the thing. Only selected people have twins. Either the fates want them to be, or the twins will be part of something major." Apollo explained. "I'm talking prophecies till the ages, adventures of a lifetime. And the merging of Poseidon and Athena's blood is rarer than a blue moon and a blood moon in the same year."

"Are you saying that the fates are milking the opportunity that we're actually having a baby, in the off chance that we might not want another child, so why not just give us two at once?" Annabeth asked.

"Why not triplets though?" Percy asked innocently.

"Percy!" Annabeth yelled, punching him on the arm.

"I'm asking!" He yelled back. "If the fates are milking the opportunity, as you said, aren't triplets more effective?"

"Eh-" Apollo said. "Okay. Twins are a huge part of Greek history. Take me and Arty, for example. Or Heracles and Hebe. Or Alexiares and Anicetus, Castor and Pollux." He called out a few. "You know that story, that humans were made with 4 arms and 4 legs, then separated to spend their lives finding their other half."

"Sure." Annabeth said.

"People are so obsessed with the idea of  finding your other half they forget that sometimes you were born with them. Orion isn't Artemis' other half. I don't need to find mine. No matter who she falls in love with, or who I fall in love with." Apollo said. "You more likely to have three pairs of twins than triplets, because our lives revolve around it."

"But there are significant triplets." Annabeth said. "The fates. The graces. Or three sets of creatures, like gorgons, harpies, furies, Cyclopes."

"They are significant, yes. They are a part of our lives, but c'mon." Apollo scoffed. "Artemis and I can wipe out entire races."

"Okay, okay." Annabeth said. "Whatever."

"Before my mom punches me-" Percy said. "Genders. Tell me the genders."

"Boy and girl." Apollo grinned. "Perfect. Just like what Poseidon and Athena wanted."

Percy let out a joyous laugh and went over to hug Annabeth. Annabeth shook her head and smiled.

"I'll leave you guys to it then." Apollo said, before he walked out.

"Hang on a minute." Annabeth said.