The Press Conference

Third Person's POV

"Percy. Get some sleep." Thalia placed her hand on his head and patted down his hair. "You don't have to go to your cabin, just rest up here. But please, get some sleep." She begged.

It's been exactly three days since the attack. Three days since Percy scared the bejeezus out of Zeus. Three days since they told him that Annabeth is being put in an induced coma for the best chance of survival for her and the babies.

And it's been three days since Percy got a wink of sleep.

"Percy." Thalia said. "It's been 72 hours. Please." She shook his shoulder. "Sleep."

"I'm fine." Percy answered shortly. "The conference is in an hour, I'll have to talk anyway."

"No you don't." Thalia took a seat next to Percy, facing Annabeth peacefully sleeping on a hospital bed. "Luke, Jason, and Aether can handle that, you need sleep."

"I can't have something go wrong." Percy never took his gaze off Annabeth.

"Nothing will." Thalia said. "Piper and I will take the next shift. We'll stay by her side always, if one has to go to the bathroom, the other will stand on guard. She'll never be alone." She placed a hand over Percy's. "There's always an Apollo kid on standby, and there's always a god on standby just incase we need to find Apollo, but he's already always here." She moved her hand to Percy's back and patted it. "Hermes is also always here, and there's always a Hermes kid if we ever need any more medical equipment."

"I know that." Percy said. "That's why I'm leaving for the press in an hour."

"Percy you need sleep." Thalia told him.

"I can't." He said immediately. "I can't." He exhaled a shake breath. "My nightmares- They-"

Thalia pulled Percy's head onto her shoulder, allowing it to rest after so long.

"Dreamless." Thalia offered. "The Hypnos kids could do it."

"I can't." Percy said. "It doesn't work, I've tried."

"Well we can knock you out." Thalia offered with a hint of humour.

"Not a chance." Percy said. "What if I'm still out by the time she wakes?"

"Well." Thalia said. "I promise we won't talk to her until you're up." Percy's mouth twitched into a small smile for the first time in three days. "Please?" She begged again.

"Maybe I'll sleep after the conference." Percy offered Thalia that answer.

"At least eat." Thalia tried to push him out of the infirmary. "Your mom's waiting for you back at the house."

Percy sighed because it's pretty obvious by now that Sally is the only person he can't say no to. He lifted his head off Thalia's shoulder when another hand, Piper's hand, patted him on the shoulder.

"We'll take good care of her." Piper said comfortingly. "You'll be the first to know she's awake."

Percy gave them a smile before standing up and walking to the side of Annabeth's bed. He planted a kiss on her head which lingered.

"Please don't leave me." He whispered against her hair and stood up straight. Without another word he left for the house.

As he walked there, his hoodie pulled up, no one talked to him, or even looked at him. He knows that his friends wouldn't gossip about him or what he did to Zeus, but there's no guarantee that the gods didn't tell anyone.

Of course the news that Percy completely lost it got out.

He walked through the doorway, and headed straight to the house.