The Protector

Third Person's POV

"Annabeth!" Stephanie exclaimed as she saw the blonde girl sit up with a loud gasp.

Annabeth was breathing out of her mouth, panting with cold sweat. She patted her entire face then down her arms to see the IVs in her. She glanced at the heartbeat monitor to see that her heart rate increased by a mile. Her eyes darted around the room, glancing at her mortal friends who held weapons in their hands.

For a minute Annabeth didn't realize where she was or what had happened. But a massive pain shot through the abdomen once more and she gasped.

"What is it?" Dean walked in closer.

"The babies are coming." Annabeth said with a hand on her belly.

"Annabeth, you've been out for 3 weeks, you're only 32 weeks pregnant, there's no way-" Christina said but she was interjected by Annabeth screaming.

"Actually, premature birth is more likely when you have twins." Glen said. "And we don't know anything about demigods."

"32 weeks is early." Annabeth groaned. "But I can feel it, where's Percy?" She asked.

"Uh-" They all paused and Annabeth swore loudly.

"Stupid question, sorry. I know where he is." Annabeth, as a smart person that she is, did not rip the IV from her body. "Steph, get me a wheel chair and help me out of here." She told Steph. "Dean, you're gonna go to the stables and get Percy's horse. It's black and it's got wings."

"Annabeth, Percy's at war, the horse is probably-" Dean tried to say but Annabeth shook her head.

"Percy loves that horse, and he won't let anyone but him ride him. Percy's wearing the suit, so he probably left Blackjack." Annabeth said. "His name is Blackjack by the way. Go now!" She yelled. "The rest of you, knock on every cabin door, tell everyone to go to the house. Orders from Annabeth Chase."

"Are you sure this is a good idea?" Melissa asked.

"Do you want to stay alive?" Annabeth asked, and without a second thought, everyone did what Annabeth asked them to.

There were shouting and running and everyone were in panic. Steph had managed to help Annabeth out of bed, pushing her out along with her IV bag stand. When the reached the grounds, campers were running towards the doorways when a familiar boy approached Annabeth.

"Annabeth! What are you doing?" Harley exclaimed.

"Harley!" Annabeth yelled. "Great you're still here!"

"Well yeah I'm underaged." Harley huffed. "They won't let me go."

"Yeah, okay, whatever I need you here anyway." Annabeth said. "Dean is getting Blackjack, I need you to get me a chariot to wheel me to CJ."

"Annabeth, you can't do that." An Apollo kid approached her. "My brothers would kill me if they knew!"

"Alright, I'm sorry, who are you again?" Annabeth asked the little girl.

"My name's Vinnie." She titled her head. "And you can't get out of bed!" She scolded.

"Yes, I understand that, but the babies are coming and I need to talk to Percy." Annabeth said.

"That's okay, I know how to deliver a baby!" Vinnie said cheerfully.

"You're like, seven." Harley eyed her.

"Harley." Annabeth snapped her fingers violently. "The chariot please, or would you rather wheel me all the way to CJ?"

"Right." Harley ran immediately.