The Bracelet

Third Person's POV

Windows are smart. People say windows of opportunity. Windows. People also say time windows. People always say windows.

These are the thoughts that ran through Thalia's head countless times as she walked away for the chapel hours ago.

She's trying so hard not to feel guilty, but the feeling is blinding her. She still feels like she wants to throw up, and even more now. She wants to rip her heart out because it's threatening to jump out of her chest anyway.

She's been walking for hours in this dress. Hours. She'd seen the moon at it's peak, and the rise of tide. Those moments of absolute beauty gave her peace, but it lasted for a few minutes, before she glanced down and remembered that she was wearing a wedding dress.

Walking barefoot in sand was also one of the pleasure she never told anyone. Anything would be better than walking in those heals.

She'd guess, accurately I might add, that it's close to midnight, And she's not sleepy. Not sleepy at all. She couldn't sleep even if she tried. Not at a beach. Not when she'd just run off from her wedding. Not when she'd just left-

"Luke?" Thalia whispered.

There he was, she could see in a distance. She blinked and shook her head.

It's impossible. She'd been walking for hours, and she just chose a random direction from the chapel. The odds that they choose the same direction was-

Well, only 50%.

But the odds that he'll stop long enough to bump into Thalia? He's a runner. He could've ran till he met the Empire State and he wouldn't be tired. What are the odds that he chose here to rest?

Luke, blazer at his side, his tie undone, shirt untucked, was sitting down in the sand, staring out into the horizon. His eyes looked blank, as he carefully watched the waves move.

The moment he saw that glimpse of white to his right, he turned and stood up.

"Thalia." Luke breathed out.

There was a long silence exchanged between the two lovers. The realization that the other left the wedding too, was- was ridiculous. Luke broke into a smile, and Thalia laughed.

"You too, huh?" Thalia said as she walked closer.

"The window." Luke said.

"Me too." Thalia walked over next to Luke, and sat down at the ground.

Luke smiled and sat back where he did a few minutes ago. They both spent at least 15 minute, staring out into the ocean, just enjoying each other's presence.

"I'm sorry." Luke said, and Thalia turned to face him.

"Hm?" Thalia voiced.

"I'm sorry." He repeated. "I know I've been distant, these couple of days. We haven't spent much time together. We haven't even properly celebrate your birthday."

"No that wasn't you." Thalia mumbled. "The girls didn't want us to see each other too much before the wedding."

"Look at how great that worked out." Luke said, and Thalia laughed. "I'm sorry." He said again.