Chapter Two

I woke up early around five am. I know I wasn't sleep for that long, but I just couldn't keep my eyes shut. The whole shit with Dareus just had my head spinning. I can't stand arguing with people, especially the ones I love. I need to talk to someone. Zane. I got my phone and dialed his number.

"Hello?" He croaked over the phone.

"It's my turn to need someone to talk to Zane... I'm sorry to wake you."

"No big deal. What's the matter ma?"

"Well, the whole thing with Dareus is just kind of bothering me. It's stupid, I know. That's my best friend though." I sighed.

"Well, exercise always helps me feel better. Want to go for a jog?"

"That'd be nice. When and where should I meet you?"

"My place. Twenty minutes."

"Okay, I'll see you then. Bye."

I headed to the shower. Yes, I was about to go get all sweaty and stinky, but I'm not about to go see Zane without a morning shower and having my hair washed.

After my shower, I threw on my skinny legged Pink yoga pants and my favorite long sleeved t-shirt. It was golden yellow, magenta, and light blue Aztecs print. I didn't really own running shoes because I grew out of them and hadn't worked out in forever. I know Zane is going to go crazy when he sees me in my pink foamposites talking about going on a run. And I'm not even going to tell Dareus about this. I dressed and showered in record time. All that was left was my hair. I pulled it up high tight and neat and put it into a tight and neat bun. I put a headband on, grabbed my headphones and attachable phone case and left.

I arrived to Zane's house and found him sitting on the porch listening to music. "Hey Zane!" I flashed him a smile showing my dimples.

"Where do you think you running to in them foams, girl?" He laughed. "You must be crazy. And you got cute for me?"

"Correction, I did not get cute for you!" I was laughing like a schoolgirl by now.

"Then who you get so cute for? You about to go for a run with foamposites on and your hair all done up. That's normal to you?" He cocked his head to one side and gave me his adorable crooked smile. I didn't have anything to say. "Speechless?"

"No. I wore these shoes because I don't have running shoes. I haven't worked out enough to need them since my junior year when I did basketball and track. And my hair..."

"Was for me. I know."

I punched Zane in his arm. "Cocky ass! Can we start this run now before I let my anger out on you?" I laughed.

"Depends on how you planning to let it out on me?" Zane cracked up laughing.

"I can't stand you!" I laughed too. Then started running looking back at Zane. "You better catch up!"

*Zane POV*

Pharaoh was looking cute as hell. I ought to drop her for wearing them foams, but she was nonetheless cute. And she was wearing them pants, yup she did it to me.

"You better catch up!" Pharaoh yelled to me from a short ways away. Here I am, the one who told her to go on this run, standing here looking like a dummy. How am I supposed to run with a girl when her ass jiggling that much distracting me and shit?

"Pharaoh, wait up!" I ran to catch up with her and I did with little effort. Her short ass was fast, but my legs were just too long to not catch up with her.

We ran for a good thirty to forty minutes. Pharaoh was tired as hell, I could tell. That cute little bun she put in her hair was all curly and shit. I told her she was trying to be too cute. "So, where you headed to after you go home?"