Chapter Eleven

*Pharaoh POV*

Things with Dareus were really weird last night. I just wanted things to be back to normal, but I can see that isn't happening. He just couldn't accept the fact that I had found someone. We've known each other too long to let this get in the way of our friendship. I mean, he has a baby on the way with my worst enemy. I'm not sleeping with the enemy am I? No.

I woke up on the couch still. Dareus wasn't there though. I guess he got a ride home or something. I don't know. I walked to the kitchen and grabbed a bagel. I put my usual honey nut spread on it and texted Dareus. "Where did you sneak off to?" While I waited for him to reply I finished off my bagel and headed to take a shower.

-At School-

I walked into lunch. I hadn't seen Dareus all day and he never replied to my text message. What hell dude? One awkward night and then you just disappear? I was thinking all this, but then I saw him. He looked pissed. What was wrong with him? I walked over to where he was, stood behind him and rubbed his back. "What's wrong, Dae?" I tried to sound as sweet and sympathetic as I could.

"Don't try that shit Pharaoh. I'm not in the mood."

"Who spit in your coffee this morning? Seriously."

"You did."

I was so confused. What did he mean? I didn't do anything wrong and if this is about the me and Zane situation then he needs to grow up. "Honestly, you do all this shit to me and fuck around all the time, but I find one special person and suddenly I'm satan!? Dareus I don't understand you. I didn't do anything to you. I was just trying to spend some time with my supposed to be best friend. What the hell..."

"No, you wanted to spend more time with that nigga. Pharaoh, you called me his fucking name." Oh no. I didn't. I couldn't have. I would have remembered? I guess he saw the confusion on my face. "Your ass was half sleep talking about 'I'm cold Zane. Can you pull me closer baby?'" He mocked me. "That was it. I grabbed my shit and had Alyssa pick me up."

"Oh my gosh, D. I'm so sorry dude. I didn't know I did that, but really? You can't really be as mad as you are. He is my boyfriend after all and I spend all my time with him. It was a mistake." He wasn't trying to hear it. Last time I checked Alyssa was pregnant, not him. So why he been acting so bitchy lately? Ugh, I can't stand when he does this. Everything between us has always been so good and now it's just falling apart. He went to Georgia and let them fools get to him. He got some hoe pussy and acting like he top notch. No Dareus. This is not you. He won't let me talk to him though, so it's whatever.

School was over now and I just wanted to go home and take a long ass bubble bath. I got in my Range Rover and started it up. I wasn't waiting to talk to anyone, nothing. Aria left early so I'm good. Everybody else has my number and know how to use a phone. I was about to pull off, but I got a text. It was from Zane. Finally, I get to talk to my baby!

~Texting Conversation~

Babe: Hey baby girl. I was just telling you that I'm back. What we getting into?

Me: Honestly, I just want to chill out and watch some movies or something. Come over?

Babe: Alright, I'll pick up some food, too. What you want?

Me: Chinese please?

Babe: Or you could just have me?

Me: Lmao! Babe, you too much...

Babe: Psh, I'm just getting started.

Me: Dude, chill out. Lmao. Can you get me the usual? THEN maybe I'll have you, too.

Babe: Aye! It's a deal.

Me: Yay! You never fail to please me love. I'll leave the door unlocked for you... I might be in the tub when you get there. See you soon. I love you!