Chapter Twenty-Four

-One Week Later-

*Zane POV*

I can finally get out of this hell hole. I was going crazy in this hospital looking at the same four walls all day. I'm happy to be getting out, but I have to wear this sling shit until I'm fully healed.

Tomorrow is my birthday and I don't even feel like doing shit. I'mo just going to chill with Pharaoh. I can't party, can't drink because I'm on this damn medicine, and I'm not a smoker. Hell I'm about to be 21 and I can't even enjoy the shit like I always wanted to. Oh well, some other time I will.

I walked out to the car and got in the passenger side. Pharaoh was tapping away on her phone. "Hi baby." She said not looking away from her phone.

"That's all? Damn okay." She laughed and leaned in to give me a kiss.

"I'm sorry. This is bullshit though."

"What is it?"

"Alyssa is trying to put Dareus out there. Like she tweeting all this shit he did and calling him a deadbeat and all this other stuff. He don't even know if that's his seed. And how somebody gone be a deadbeat when there isn't a baby yet? Females make no sense." I laughed at her little firecracker ass. She really can't stand Alyssa and I feel her right now. Alyssa being petty putting Dareus business out there, even though I don't like dude, I don't agree with shit like that.

I pressed the volume button on the car stereo. Pharaoh had her iTunes set up to it and of course she was listening to Body Party by Ciara. She loved this song way too much. She started singing it as soon as it came on. "Next!" I called out, changing to the next song. Chris Brown- Give It Away blasted through the speakers. "What you doing listening to this?" I asked laughing.

"I like this song." She shrugged. "But why did you change the song? You know that's my favorite song babe."

"You listen to that too much, we gone chill on Body Party for a minute." She laughed.

"Whatever. Turn on Material Girl then hater. "

"Will do." She set her phone down and put the car in drive. She started singing along to the music.

"I got a confession to make. I don't rush a date, commitment is an enemy to me. But ever since Zane's lips touched my face, it's like your kiss was laced. I'm fein, I'm fein, I'm fein. I usually like to slow down the paceeee."

"My lips, huh?"

"Yep." She laughed. "I'm a give it all, all, all, all, all, all, all. I'm a give it all, all, all, all, all, all, all."

"You gone make a nigga buy a ring for your finger, Jimmy's for your feet, jeans for that back, lingerie for the sheets. Material girl, anything you need and I'm a give it to you, to you." She turned to me blushing red and smiling.

"You can't sing for shit babe." She laughed.

"Aw, Zane that was so sweet of you to sing that to me. I love you baby." I said in a mocking voice. "Aw, yeah no problem baby girl. I love you too." She was crying laughing by now.

"I hit a sensitive spot talking about your singing baby?" She said still laughing and looking at me.

"Eyes on the road, baby girl. Can't let all my sexiness get us killed. And to answer your question, no you did not hit no soft spot. I was just trying to tell you that I meant those words, I wasn't just singing the lyrics. Okay?"

"I love you Zane."

"I love you too." I was just staring at Pharaoh for the rest of our ride to the house. It's still hard for me to believe I got so lucky with this one. Honestly, I just don't know how...