Chapter Seven

The school day had gone by pretty swiftly. I hopped into my Range Rover with Aria and her boyfriend accompanying me. I know I said we would go for a double date type of lunch, but it was Sophia's birthday and though I only knew her for less that 24 hours, I loved her like I'd known her forever. I had to break it to Aria. We pulled up to Zane's place and I called him to come outside. "Hey babe!" I said a little too happy over the phone. "I'm outside. And kind of in a rush if you don't mind..." He walked out still talking on the phone with me. "I think it's safe to hang up now." I said smiling ear to ear as he got into the passenger seat. "So, everyone. I know you were all expecting this double date lunch, but I have another idea." I took a deep breath. "So, I met a young girl, Sophia, last night at my job. She was wandering away from her orphanage late at night and today just happens to be her birthday. I bought her some things and we went out to eat. I told her I would come and take her somewhere special for her birthday." I took another breath. "So... I understand if you guys don't want to go." I spoke more to Aria and her boyfriend. Zane was coming. "But I'd really like if you tagged along. Sophia is so precious, I know you'll love her! Or we can just postpone until tomorrow. Your call." I was still smiling hard.

Aria spoke first. "That sounds really fun, but you know how I get. Lets postpone."

"Okay. That's fine too." I was still happy. I was going to get to take Sophia out with my boyfriend. "Zane, you don't have a choice." I laughed. "I want, no, need you to meet Sophia and be there with me."

"No problem babe. She sounds great." He smiled and gave me a kiss. This would be great.

We dropped Aria and Quvon, her boyfriend, off at his house and Headed straight for the orphanage.

*Zane POV*

Pharaoh was so excited about this little girl. I had never seen her this happy. Her whole face lit up when she talked about Sophia. She only knew her for less than 24 hours, she knew me for nearly a damn year and didn't get this happy when she talked about me! I might just be a little jealous of Sophia. She taking my girl from me. I laughed at my own thoughts.

"What's so funny? I like to laugh too." Pharaoh nudged me as we pulled up to the orphanage.

"I was just thinking about how your face lights up when you talk about Sophia and how you've known her for so little time. You've known me for almost a year and don't even talk about me like that." Pharaoh busted out laughing.

"It's not even like that, Zaney pooh." I hate when she called me that mess. I'm a grown ass man, I shouldn't have no pooh in my name period.

"I told you about that name Pha Pha!" We both laughed. "She must be something special though."

"She really is. I'm going to go and get her."

"I'll be waiting."

Pharaoh was something special, too. I felt for this girl something terrible and the way she was just caring for another person right now. Her heart was big. She deserved the world and I would be the one to give it to her, no doubt about that. I wanted to marry her. Be with her forever, ya know? I don't know what came over me. My phone rang breaking me from my thoughts. "Hello?" I said into the receiver.

"Sid wanted to know if you could make a run for him. I can do it if you can't."

"Nah, I'm pretty busy right now. I'll be through later though. You handle this one." I hung up the phone just as Pharaoh was coming down the stairs hand in hand with one of the most adorable little girls I've ever seen. Pharaoh opened the door and let her in, buckling her seatbelt. "You must be Sophia." I said turning around to greet her. She made a funny face and whispered something into Pharaoh's ear.