Chapter Four

*Pharaoh POV*

Zane took me out for some air. We went on a long walk and just talked. I never thought I'd never get tired of talking to someone who wasn't my dad or Dareus. I never ran out of things to tell him and he never ran out of things to tell me. He was amazing. "Zane, let's go get something to eat?"

"Sure, what do you want?"

"Honestly? I just want a hotdog and some chips." Zane laughed.

"That's all? You serious?"

"Yep. I just want to eat hotdogs and chips and watch basketball tonight. That okay?"

"Hell yeah. Now I don't have to pay to record the game. That's a nice look babe." He grabbed me and gave me a hug. I punched him playfully.

"You play too much! I should make you take me out and have to pay for the game."

"Nah, it's already been decided. I have a better plan though..." Zane smiled.

"And what would that be?"

"If it's okay with you, we can watch the game at my apartment and I'll make homemade pizza?"

"And burn your place down? Okay." I laughed.

"You know what, I'm gonna let that one slide."

Zane and I headed back to his place. I hadn't even realized that I had school the next day and didn't do my homework. It was easy though. Just a quick thesis. I also didn't realize I hadn't talked to my daddy in nearly two days. I have to give him a call. With everything going on I just couldn't believe I did that. "Zane, I'm going to call my dad... And can we stop at my house?"

"Sure thing."

"Thanks baby." I dialed my dads number and waited for him to answer.

"Hello?"

"Hey daddy! Where the heck have you been!?"

My dad laughed. "I guess you've had too much going on. I called and left a message, sweetheart. I had to take care of some business down in Miami. I took a private plane and headed out."

"Dad! You went to Miami without me. How dare you?" I laughed. "I hope you're enjoying yourself and getting your favorite daughter some gorgeous Miami things?"

"I am enjoying myself, sweetheart. And how about this. I'll bring you and whoever you want down here next weekend. Then you can get whatever you want. Sound okay?"

"That sounds great! How many people can I bring?"

"Well, the plane only fits ten. So, that's up to you. How have you been?"

"Well, it's been rocky on my side of town. When will you be back?"

"By late Tuesday, or early Wednesday."

"Okay, I have some things to tell you then. Love you daddy!"

"Love you too sweetheart."

I hung up the phone just as we were pulling into my driveway. "Is it okay if I just stay at your place tonight?"

"That's fine."

"Okay. I'll be right out."

I walked into my house and headed straight for my room. I grabbed my backpack and then riffled through my closet for tomorrow's outfit. I decided on a plain white fitted tshirt, that had a studded front pocket, with my high waist black cutoff Levi's and an oversized pink cardigan. I paired the outfit with my pink Timbs and my silver spike earrings. Before I left, I grabbed my matching Victoria's Secret underwear set, my toothbrush, and stuff to do my hair tomorrow. "I almost forgot my bag. Shit." I said out loud to myself. I snatched up my black over-the-shoulder boho bag and ran for the door. Zane probably thought I was packing my life's belongings in here. I locked the door and did a mini jog to Zane's car. We rode to the store listening to my favorite song, Get It Together by Indie Arie, on repeat. Crazy thing is, Zane didn't mind at all. "Dark future ahead of meeee. That's what they say. I'd be starving if I at all the lies that they told." I sang along loud and actually felt comfortable doing it. It's not that I couldn't sing, I sang very well in fact, I just rarely sang in front of anyone.