Chapter Nine

I woke up feeling like someone had driven fifteen holes into my head with a power drill."This is why my ass doesn't drink." I said out loud to myself. I turned and saw that Zane wasn't in bed with me anymore. Instead I found some Advil's and a glass of water with a note that said 'Good morning baby girl. Now I know you can't hang with the big dogs.' He marked it with a smiley far and a heart. He was so corny, but at the same time still cute.

I took the Advil and downed the water then went to find Zane. I found him in the kitchen making breakfast. I decided to sneak up on him. I tiptoed to him and wrapped my arms around his torso, laying my head in the center of his back. He jumped to my amusement. "I didn't mean to startle you." I giggled. "Good morning."

"Oh you find that funny?" He said turning around and kissing my forehead, bringing me into a hug.

"Just a little." I giggled again.

He shook his head. "Your food will be ready in about five minutes.

I sat at the kitchen table and waited for him to join me. When me he did he brought sausage, bacon, french toast, eggs, 'fried' and hard, and had poured me a glass of apple juice. It wasn't anything really special, but the fact that he did it for me was. Zane didn't have to make me food or even set out water and pain relievers for me this morning, but he did. And for that he definitely earned a special thanks from me.

-Five Days Later-

Today was another Sophia day for me and Zane. We would be going to the movies to see the new cartoon movie and then going to the Bear factory. Sophia just adored Zane and he adored her too. I was starting to think that Sophia liked Zane more than me, but no. Sophia loved us the same.

"Hey Soph." Zane said as Sophia got into the back of his mustang.

"Hi Z!" Sophia smiled. "Is this your car, Z?"

"Yep. It sure is Soph." I buckled Sophia in and got in the front seat. I don't know why I find it so cute that they have little pet names for each other. Zane was so good with Sophia. It was kind of crazy because he's only had a little bit of experience with some of his cousins' kids. Sophia liked him a lot, too. I expected them to get along, but they shared a strong brother-sister bond. Every time I would go get Sophia and Zane wasn't with us she was always a little sad in the beginning. I just always asked him to come with us. It made me happier to see them happy together. "What are you thinking about there?" Zane asked looking at me.

"Nothing really. I was just thinking about how cute you and Sophia are together." I turned to Sophia. "Are you trying to steal my boyfriend!?"

She laughed like someone was tickling her half to death. It was the cutest laugh. "No way, Pha! That's nasty!" She laughed again. "Boys I have cooties!" I gave her a high five.

"That kind of hurt right here." Zane said pointing to his heart.

"You heard her pal. Boys have..." I made a face and changed the tone of my voice to a funny one. "... Cooties..." We all laughed as we pulled into the theater parking lot.

Once inside, we bought our tickets and candy, drinks, and popcorn for us. Then we went to find our seats. The movie lasted for about two hours. It was 3:30 when we were done.

From the theater we went straight to the Bear Factory. There we made Sophia a teddy bear. It was a pink elephant actually, but still. Sophia loved the elephant she picked out clothes and shoes to go with it and named it Surri (sir-ree). "Sophia, why'd you name your elephant Surri?" I asked while we stood in line.

"Surri is my older sister. Some man took her when mommy and daddy left. She used to visit me all the time, then she told me she had to leave to Miami. I never seen her again after that." Sophia was really smart and knew a lot for her age.