Chapter Three

*Zane POV*

I couldn't stand to see Pharaoh like this. How could somebody hurt her so much? Somebody that she's known for ten years and loves so much. Just the thought made me mad. I would've hurt dude if it wasn't for Pharaoh. Comforting her was more important than making Dareus feel like shit for what he did. I can't stand a beat ass nigga like him. Right now I had to think about Pharaoh though.

I walked into the bathroom and Pharaoh was still laying on the floor, not moving a muscle. "Baby girl, come on." I picked her up in my arms. "You've been laying in the bathroom for forty five minutes now. I'm not going to let you stay there all day." I walked out into the hallway towards what I thought was her room. "Pharaoh, this is your room right?" She just nodded. I opened the door and walked her to her bed. I gently laid her down and went over to her dresser. "What do you want to wear? Those jeans can't be comfortable."

"I'll get it. Thank you." Pharaoh sounded like she'd been through it. "Why are you doing this?"

"Doing what? Am I doing something wrong?" I looked at her nervous.

"No. You're doing everything right, Zane." She smiled. It was the first real smile I'd seen from her since this morning. I love when Pharaoh smiles. I love everything about her actually. Her talk, walk, smile, dimples. It was all just so perfect. "Zane? Are you listening to me?"

"Oh, I'm sorry baby girl. What were you saying?"

She just laughed. "I was just saying how sweet it was of you to be doing this for me and that you didn't have to. And..." Pharaoh shied away a little. "I like when you call me baby girl... It's really cute."

*Pharaoh POV*

I can't believe Zane is doing all of this for me. I never really thought we would be more than just here and there friends. I met Zane towards the end of his senior year and we kept in touch a little, but these last two to three months we've really spent time together and I honestly think I'm falling for him. I have to tell him. "Zane can I tell you something?"

"Can I tell you something first?"

Oh. What could Zane have to tell me? What if he's thinking what I am? Here goes. "Yeah. Shoot."

"Okay, so. I know we've only recently started to talk to each other a lot, but I'm kind of feeling you, ya know. And I was just wondering if you maybe wanted to be my gir--" I cut him off with a kiss. I can't believe this was happening. What did I do to deserve him? I just don't know.

"Yes. Yes. Yes." I kissed him again. "I'd love to be your girlfriend."

*Zane POV*

-2 hours later-

I just laid with Pharaoh and held her in my arms. We talked about so much. It was good to get to know her better and let her know about myself. She told me about the relationship she had with her mom before she died and how they would go on a walk or bike ride to the park every Sunday morning. Now she goes to visit her moms grave every Sunday morning. Pharaoh told me about her and her dads relationship, too. Even though he hasn't been around much lately, she still feels like they have the best relationship. I just like talking to her. And the fact that she's my girl now is so amazing to me. I'm not sure yet, but I might be on the verge of loving this girl.