Chapter Fourteen

Today was going to be pretty eventful. First stop, baby doctor. I had to go for my first ultrasound and see if the baby was developing right. Honestly, with all this morning sickness I've been having, it better be the best one month fetus they have ever laid eyes on! I'm not even kidding. I'm not one to throw up, only did it when I was a baby and like twice in my whole lifetime. Even then it wasn't major. I stuck my finger down my throat, testing the theory and I got some kind of virus once. That's all. But now, this baby had me up every morning at the same time throwing up. I can't stand it.

I did my daily routine and just put on some ripped jean shorts and a Duke tshirt. My hair was still straight from yesterday, so I just put it into a high ponytail. I slipped on my white flip flops, grabbed my Michael Kors bag and sunglasses then went downstairs.

"You finally ready?" Zane asked sitting impatiently on the couch.

"Yes sir." I said going to the door. "You driving?"

"Sure."

-30 minutes later-

Our doctor was on the outskirts of Chicago, so it took a bit to get there, but we made it just in time. I sat on the edge of the hospital bed in the dark room. The ultrasound screen was already set up. We were just waiting on the doctor.

The doctor walked in, "Pharaoh Stone?" I nodded yes. "I'm Dr. Mead." She flashed me a smile, then turned to Zane. "Hello sir."

"Hi, I'm Zane." He extended his hand and they shook hands.

"Nice to meet you." She was a young doctor. Couldn't be any older than 25. "Are you the father?"

"Sure am."

"Well, congrats." She turned back to me. "It's my understanding that you'll be leaving around the fifth month of your pregnancy?" I nodded. "Do you want to switch doctors still with our company? We have a few places in Durham."

"You can do that?" I was kind of shocked. I was expecting to have to go to people who really knew nothing about me, not someone who would already have all my information. "Lets do that..."

We went through the ultrasound and everything was fine. Then we had to do the paperwork giving permission for them to send my information out to another doctor in another state. We got our ultrasound pictures, which we kind of didn't need because it was barely a baby, but still. I was happy that everything was going great for us. The baby, our little vacation we're about to take, and our move. It just felt good to be doing all of this with him.

-later in the day-

I put on my white skinny jeans, white crop top with black and gold crosses on it. Then I slipped on my black Steve Madden oxfords with the spikes at the tip. I let my hair down and I was done. I was ready to enjoy my last day with my family and friends for a while.

Knowing me, I had to dress my baby too. I mean, yeah he had a good fashion sense, but mine was so much better. "What colors do you want to wear? Black and white? Okay."

He laughed at me. "Damn, you didn't even let me answer. I don't know, you too controlling. You gotta get out my crib." We laughed and I threw his brush from on his dresser at him softly. "That could have hit my head."

"Eh, I wouldn't mind if it did." I laughed going back to rummaging through his closet. Before I knew it he had me over his shoulder and threw me on the bed gently. "What are you doing!? I was kind of busy." Then he did it, the thing I hate most. He tickled me. "Stop! You always tickle me because you know I hate it!" I said in between laughs. "You're going to make me pee on myself!"

"Eh, I wouldn't mind if you did." He said mocking me.

"Oh my gosh!" I laughed harder. Then got an idea. I arched up on my elbows and started kissing and sucking on his neck while still laughing. He was giving in to it and I got him off guard enough. I pushed him off of me, sticking my tongue out at him and ran back to his closet. "Now I know your weakness. Don't try it again, babe." I laughed at him and brought him his clothes.

I had picked out fitted, straight black ripped True Religion jeans, with a white shirt that was black leather at the top and on the sleeves. I liked when he wore that shirt because it fit his chest and arm muscles so perfectly. I got his thick gold chain, gold Rolex, and black oxfords with the gold laces. I don't like a guy with no variation in shoes, there's more out there than Jordan's. "You look good babe. I should dress you more often."

"I should undress you more often."

"Oh, whatever. You do that enough already."

"Aw, yeah?"

I glanced back at him, putting the finishing touches on my makeup. "I think that's why we're in this predicament now." I said pointing at my stomach.

"No, that was a 'oh, it's her first time lets make this shit good. Shit, I forgot to put a condom on' moment." He walked over to me and whispered in my ear. "I want a 'damn, I love this girl I'm about to sex the shit out of her and maybe never pull out' moment." I busted out laughing.

"You're too oc, Zane. Not right now you won't get that moment. I have like a hundred people waiting for me." He sighed and stepped away from me a little. Oh, he was serious? Now I felt a little bad for laughing in his face. "I'll make it up to you." I kissed his lips, a little more passionately than intended. Then I grabbed his hand and walked us out of the house.

As soon as I got there, I could hear the music and smell my dads grilling. It was the best, especially his steak and grilled bell peppers. Any who, I found him at the grill. "Dad, can we talk to you in private? Let grandpa or uncle Leo take over the grill for a moment." He called over uncle Leo.

"Don't mess up my peppers man!" He yelled back to him. We went to the family room upstairs and I shut the door behind us. "So, what you call me up here for?" I sat down next to Zane and sighed. Zane rubbed my hand and told me it would be okay.

"Well, daddy, you know Zane and I have been dating for some time now. Almost five months." He nodded his head yes. "Well, I'm just going to come out and say it... Daddy, I'm pregnant." His face fell.

"You're what!?" He put his hands in his palm. "Since when?"

"I'm only a month."

"That's what you do when I'm away? Lay in my house and fu---"

"Daddy, don't flip it. And don't make this uncomfortable. No. That's not what goes down. It just happened."

"Sid, man, I'm sorry about this. It was my fault, but..." I cut Zane off.

"Babe, it takes two. You have nothing to be sorry about."

He nodded. "Sid, I really do love Pharaoh and I'm going to be here every step of the way."

"Well, at least you guys are being responsible about this. It's just... You're my little girl... I never even wanted you to date, but I guess when you're beautiful like your mother, it's hard to keep the boys away from you. And I know you fell into the arms of the right one with Zane. You better take care of my little girl, Zane." I hopped up and hugged my daddy around the neck. I knew he would take this hard because of the fact that I'm his one and only child and his little girl at that. I'm just happy he's accepting it.

"I will, Sid."

"And, um, we plan on telling everyone today..." I slid that part in.

"Okay, Pharaoh. And tell you what. I'll pay for both of your college and any bills and needs you have while you're in Durham so you don't have to struggle with work, school, and a newborn."

"Oh, no daddy. I could never let you do that."

"Yeah Sid, I appreciate it, but I just can't have you do that for me. You've done so much for me already."

"My mind is already made up. I'll send as much mint as I feel you guys need each month." He got up to leave. I just sighed. Once my daddy's mind was made up, it was final. That's why I have all this stuff. I try to tell him no or I don't need it, but he just doesn't let me do for myself. Like when I first got a job, he nearly flipped out on me. My minimum wage wasn't anything really, but I put all of my checks into my own personal college fund. Now that I don't have to use that, I'll save more money up and it'll be my baby's college fund and for emergency only purposes.

We went back to join everyone after having a small conversation about everything. My dad just made things a lot less stressful and now it was time to share the news and party it up with my loves.