Six | First

Luke sat with Vera on what he assumed to be the backseat of her car. On her lap, she held what appeared to be a piercing kit. From the amount of piercings that both Vera and her friends had, Luke figured that she knew what she was doing. Plus, after Vera's offer to pierce Luke's lip and his uncalled for jealousy between Ashton and Audrey, he decided that maybe drinking wasn't such a bad idea.

Of course, Luke had never been drunk before, so it didn't take long for his mental state to practically collapse. He felt like a child again, with no worries at all. He wasn't even thinking about how Audrey's lips were attached to another guy's.

Vera smirked at Luke after wiping a bitter tasting liquid along Luke's lips. Luke, in his slightly drunken state, let out a soft groan

Vera chuckled, tracing her thumb across Luke's cheek. "You're so cute. This might hurt a little, okay babe?"

Ignoring Vera's choice of words, Luke nodded childishly, but he was fully prepared. As soon as the needle pierced through Luke's bottom lip, he let out an exhale of relief.

"Not so bad, huh?" Vera asked Luke, then pressed a gentle kiss on his newly pierced lips.

Luke felt butterflies in his stomach yet a small pain in his lips. He'd never kissed anyone before, but he liked it, aside from the obvious pain of his sore lip.

"Mmm, thanks," Luke said, then lifted his new beer can to his lips gently to take a large gulp of the bitter liquid.

He'd never tasted alcohol before, and he didn't really like it, but he liked the way it made him feel. Just like whatever Vera put on his lip, he felt numb.

"No problem, babe. You don't talk much, huh?" Vera asked the blonde boy who found himself playing with the silver piercing in his lip.

Luke shook his head. "I don't get out much, I guess."

"Well, who'd you come here with?" she questioned, placing her small kit underneath the drivers seat.

"Audrey. She's so nice," Luke answered.

"Audrey?" she said, seeming annoyed. "Wow, okay. Of course you came here with Audrey."

"What?" Luke asked, feeling as if he'd done something wrong.

For some reason, he felt like everyone loved Audrey, but what if they didn't? He barely knew Audrey. Was she a bad person?

"Nothing. Don't worry about it, babe," Vera assured, then gave him a small smile.

Luke, clearly not in his right state of mind, shrugged it off and leaned closer to the purple haired girl. He noticed that her eyes were bright blue, almost as bright as his.

"I think you're very pretty," he whispered to her as if it was a secret that no one else was allowed to hear.

Vera smiled at Luke, then allowed him to lean his head against her shoulder and close his eyes.

"Luke, don't go to sleep, okay?" she told him, so he sat back up and rubbed his eyes.

"Please?"

"No, we have to go back to the party," Vera told Luke, then opened her door and helped him out.

They walked back towards the lake and sat down on a random blanket that was laying on the sand.

"You can sleep here, if you want. I'll be right back," Vera told Luke, then stood up and walked away.

Luke closed his eyes and listened to the sound of music blaring as he drifted to sleep. When he woke up, he realized that Vera never actually came back. Or maybe she did but he was just asleep. Either way, Luke didn't care, he had to find Audrey.

Luke stood up, stumbling a bit, but then eventually regained his balance. There were still so many people. He didn't know where to start looking until he lost his balance again and caught the eyes of Audrey as he fell to the ground.

"Luke? Luke, are you okay?" Audrey laughed, but then proceeded to help the blonde mess of a boy back up

"Mhm," he giggled, trying not to lose his balance again.

"Are you drunk?" Audrey questioned, clearly surprised.

"Yessss," he said, still smiling.

"I thought you didn't drink?"

Luke shrugged, then bit his lip. "Oh well."

Audrey looked closely at Luke and gasped. "You got a lip piercing."

Luke nodded happily, his smile not leaving his face.

"Oh my god, your mom's gonna kill you," Audrey said, then took Luke's hand and led him to her car. However, before she could get him inside, she was stopped by the sound of footsteps behind her. Audrey turned around to see Vera behind her, holding a bottle of water in one hand.

"Vera?" Audrey said, surprised to see the purple haired girl.

"Yeah, um, this is for Luke," she said, holding out the bottle of water.

"You did this, didn't you? You got him drunk and pierced his lip?" she accused angrily. "How many other people did you use those needles on? And why the hell would you let someone who'd been drinking decide that they wanted a piercing?"

"Audrey, I'm not doing this today. Just take the fucking water," Vera said, still holding out the bottle.

Luke could tell that the two girls had a bad past together, he just didn't know what happened.

"Don't even act like you're the mature, innocent one and I'm the bitch. You always do this, Vera. You fuck up my friends and then- whatever. Just leave us alone," Audrey said, finally taking the water and opening the door for Luke to get into. Then, she proceeded to go to the other side of the car to get in.

"Wait, Luke," Vera said before he could get into the car. "You might think you're in love, but you're not, okay? Everyone thinks they're in love with her, but she never loves them back. She just leaves. She always leaves. Please don't fall in love with her."

Vera proceeded to step forward and place her hands on the back of Luke's neck. Bringing him down to her level, she connected their lips together and kissed him, making eye contact with a very angry Audrey the whole time.

"Bye babe," Vera smiled, backing away from the blonde boy with very swollen lips.

"Uh, bye," Luke said, then finally got inside of the car with a sigh of relief.

"I can't stand her," Audrey said more to herself than to Luke.

"My lips hurt," he said, touching his bottom lip. "Also her mouth tasted like vodka and cigarettes."

"I'm not surprised," Audrey said.

"What did she mean when she said that you always leave?"

Audrey looked at Luke and shrugged, running her fingers through her hair.

"I don't know, Luke."

"Can I tell you a secret?" Luke slurred to her.

Audrey rolled her eyes, but she couldn't help but smile at him. "What Luke?"

"Vera was my first kiss," he whispered innocently. "But I wish it had been you."

-

hey guys i love y'all keep being amazing